Topics

Display callsign progress on lookup FT8

Kent Olsen

Dave

I am using the "Display callsign progress on lookup". It works if I double click on a callsign in the DXK window or if I enter something in the capture window and hit enter. But if I enter a callsign in WSJT-X it does not work?

Thanks
73
Kent
N6WT

I am using the "Display callsign progress on lookup". It works if I double click on a callsign in the DXK window or if I enter something in the capture window and hit enter. But if I enter a callsign in WSJT-X it does not work?

+ That's correct. When you type characters into the "DX Call" box in WSJT-X, they are sent to DXKeeper one-at-a-time (via SpotCollector). That's acceptable for filtering the Log Page Display, but repopulating the window displayed by DXKeeper's "Display callsign progress on lookup" function each time a new character is received is way too slow. If there were a special character that could be typed into the WSJT-X "DX Call" box that could be used to trigger the update, that would solve the problem, but I've not found a special character that is handled in the desired manner.

+ Another approach would be to wait a few seconds after a new WSJT-X "DX Call" character is received before triggering the update, the hope being that the update is triggered just once after the last callsign character is received, but this also slows things down, and the delay can be confusing for the user. None of these approaches survived today's experiments...