Topics

Digital modes listed as "CW" in SpotCollector

Steve, N5EP

I'm new to using spotter reports, and I've noticed in Spot Collector when I filter the mode for "CW", the spots listed often turn out to be FT8 or some other digital mode instead of CW.  What's causing this?  Are people actually reporting the spots incorrectly, or have I configured something the wrong way?

Thanks.

Steve, N5EP

I'm new to using spotter reports, and I've noticed in Spot Collector when I filter the mode for "CW", the spots listed often turn out to be FT8 or some other digital mode instead of CW. What's causing this? Are people actually reporting the spots incorrectly, or have I configured something the wrong way?

+ Take a look at

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SpotDatabaseMode>;

+ What is the name of the file currently specified as SpotCollector's sub-band definition file?

+ You'll find a sub-band definition file named

BandModes 2020-04-11.txt

+ in your SpotCollector folder that has up-to-date sub-band definitions for modes like FT8 and FT4.