I also made copies of the differerent screens and a 
DXK error file,  which has errors with  LOTW 
I am sending them on Ambersoft for your 
insight as to where the problem lies and your direction
on correcting this problem
Stan N1ZX

Jon Baker

Thanks Dave
I thought that was missing but the asterisks indicates it comes from the log file
when I try to entter in that field  I get this

---------------------------
DXKeeper LoTW Configuration
the selected Callsign Certificate  specifies Station Callsign ; you cannot specify a different Station Callsign
OK   

Stan N1ZX

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I thought that was missing but the asterisks indicates it comes from the log file when I try to entter in that field I get this
DXKeeper LoTW Configuration
the selected Callsign Certificate specifies Station Callsign ; you cannot specify a different Station Callsign

+ Let's start with "what changes did you make to your DXKeeper LoTW configuration" between the last time you were able to submit QSOs to LoTW and the first appearance of an error message?"

Dave, AA6YQ

Jon Baker

No hardware or software changes that I am aware of 
I reverted to a previous restore point 10/08/19 last week tuesday
with no improvement
I also loaded 2 previous issues of DXK  with no improvement
it seems that the last Sync of Lotw was 10/13/19  I dont recall 
any errors with the Sync at that time.
one thing I didnt do yet is to go back to a previous WSpace 
I created a new WS when the error in the DXK headder line had
something to do with Contest  ?  cleared  I didnt do anything knowingly 
to clear it I was verifying the settings on the different config screens in DXK
by opening the diffeerent screens and observing the settings looking for something
that might or might no be correct 

Stan N1ZX

Jon Baker

I also used a test .MDB  with a few records created months ago just to see
if that would produce the same results  just in case it was missing something
in the working DB  but  that did  not change anything

Dave AA6YQ

So I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. terminate DXKeeper

3. delete the errorlog.txt file in your DXKeeper folder

4. start DXKeeper

5. on the Main window's QSL tab

5a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

5b. click the "Add Requested" button

5c. click the "Clear" button

6. on the General tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jon Baker
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 7:21 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] difficulty with LOTW upload

No hardware or software changes that I am aware of I reverted to a previous restore point 10/08/19 last week tuesday with no improvement I also loaded 2 previous issues of DXK with no improvement it seems that the last Sync of Lotw was 10/13/19 I dont recall any errors with the Sync at that time.
one thing I didnt do yet is to go back to a previous WSpace I created a new WS when the error in the DXK headder line had something to do with Contest ? cleared I didnt do anything knowingly to clear it I was verifying the settings on the different config screens in DXK by opening the diffeerent screens and observing the settings looking for something that might or might no be correct

Stan N1ZX

Stephen QRP

Hello

This is slightly off topic, for which I apologise. 

I have have had many QSOs with North American hams who are members of LoTW. 
Unfortunately I have not been able to log those contacts because LoTW makes it difficult for those of us in Europe to join.

I quote:

Non US stations will have to send a copy of your radio amateur operator permit and a copy of another identification such as a driver's license, passport or utility bill.

Send to:

ARRL LoTW Administrator
225 Main St.
Newington, CT 06111

Please, no electronic submissions.  This must be postmarked from your location.

eQSL allows electronic verification submissions. My personal view is that LoTW should allow this , at least for those of us who live outside of North America.

Regards to all

73 Stephen

M0GWI

-- 
stephen_qrp@...
Sent with Sparrow

Robert Peterson

Stephen –

Just making a photocopy of your amateur operator permit, another photocopy of one other piece of identification, and mailing it to the ARRL does not seem that difficult. 

ARRL is not asking for the original documents.

Go ahead and join LOTW.  It’s an amazing free service provided by the ARRL.

73, Bob – W3YY

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephen QRP via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 4:16 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] difficulty with LOTW upload

Hello

Unfortunately I have not been able to log those contacts because LoTW makes it difficult for those of us in Europe to join.

I quote:

Non US stations will have to send a copy of your radio amateur operator permit and a copy of another identification such as a driver's license, passport or utility bill.

Send to:

ARRL LoTW Administrator
225 Main St.
Newington, CT 06111

Please, no electronic submissions.  This must be postmarked from your location.

eQSL allows electronic verification submissions. My personal view is that LoTW should allow this , at least for those of us who live outside of North America.

Regards to all

73 Stephen

M0GWI

-- 

stephen_qrp@...

Sent with Sparrow

Stephen QRP

Hi Bob

I guess what I am saying is that today we file our tax returns electronically , make medical appointments and use Amazon / eBay electronically.
Perhaps asking LoTW to consider electronic submissions is reasonable. Anyway just a thought.

73 Stephen
M0GWI

BILL KENNAMER

LOTW is electronic submissions. 

What are you seeking?  If you are enrolled in LOTW, you can confirm QSOs and apply for awards online. What more do you want?

On Friday, October 18, 2019, 4:07 AM, Stephen QRP via Groups.Io <stephen_qrp@...> wrote:

Hi Bob

I guess what I am saying is that today we file our tax returns electronically , make medical appointments and use Amazon / eBay electronically.
Perhaps asking LoTW to consider electronic submissions is reasonable. Anyway just a thought.

73 Stephen
M0GWI

Stephen QRP

Hi Bill

Applying for membership electronically would be helpful. Perhaps I should stop at this point.
I have hijacked another members thread which is not cool and have said my 2 cents on applying for membership electronically .

73 Stephen
M0GWI

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I quote:

Non US stations will have to send a copy of your radio amateur operator permit and a copy of another identification such as a driver's license, passport or utility bill.

Send to:

ARRL LoTW Administrator
225 Main St.
Newington, CT 06111

Please, no electronic submissions. This must be postmarked from your location.

+ Your quote above is long obsolete. As stated in <https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/getting-started/> :

If your primary callsign was not issued in the United States, you have three options:

1. Email a copy of your Amateur Radio operating authorization and a copy of one other government-issued document that shows your name and address (for example, a driver's license or a utility bill) to the ARRL at: LoTW-help@... You may black out any sensitive information on the government-issued document, like a license number or account number. When the ARRL receives your documentation, it will send you an email message containing your LoTW Account Password, with your Callsign Certificate attached.

2. Present your documents in person to an in-country ARRL DXCC Card Checker, The Card Checker will inspect your documents and, if accepted, inform ARRL’s LoTW staff that that the applicant’s identity and license have been verified. The ARRL will then send you an email message containing your LoTW Account Password, with your Callsign Certificate attached. Do not email your documents to the Card Checker.
Not every DXCC entity has DXCC Card Checkers, and Card Checkers are not required to participate in this verification process. Thus you should contact an in-country Card Checker in advance to ask if they are willing to check your identity and license documents. A list of DXCC Card Checkers is here.

3. Mail a copy of your Amateur Radio operating authorization and a copy of one other government-issued document that shows your name and address (for example, a driver's license or a utility bill) to the ARRL. You may black out any sensitive information on the government-issued document, like a license number or account number. When the ARRL receives your documentation, it will send you an email message containing your LoTW Account Password, with your Callsign Certificate attached.

Dave, AA6YQ

Gene W3UA

It all goes to the authentication of the applicant. These days anyone can fake any electronic image, and send it from any fake e-mail address. Amazon and e-bay verify you through relying on the credit card issuer; medical appointment also can not be faked -- it's YOU who will be treated at the end of the day. But how LOTW would know, that some stranger is indeed the operator of that sacred Mount Athos station? LOTW system was built around PKI (Public Key Infrastructure), and initially was designed pretty secure (and thus hardly useable). Strong PKI expects that your private key is in YOUR possession, and can not be stolen. Apparently, ham radio world can not accept this level of security (who actually is willing to carry a smartcard, and connect it to your computer using a reader?). So, they allowed to store the private key on the computer... but they at least try to issue these private keys (which that call "certificates" -- I would not go into cryptographic details here). Long story short -- the verification procedure established by LoTW is not perfect, not very secure, but reasonable. If one wants LoTW services -- follow their rules. If you don't like their rules -- don't use them. eQSL uses less secure verification procedure -- that's why some don't like it and don't use it. The same is true with other services. Take hamlogs.net for example. If you don't use WWPass to log there -- you will not be able to upload your logs, but you can still get many "participation type" awards in PDF format just entering your (or somebody else's) call. Soon there will be new services (like real-time contest scoring) which would require serious verification to protect participants from hackers -- if you don't like it, then your score would not be considered valid in certain future contests. If you don't like it -- fine, just don't take part in these contests, but please, do not complain.
Sorry for this apparent off-topic, but I think it's relevant to logging because when you are going from local storage of your QSO data to some private resources, and these resources have specific requirements regarding information integrity, you should either consider these requirements or don't use these services. Another option -- contact the resource owners and discuss possible enhancements. They may listen to you, may not. But trust me, in most cases they spent a lot of time designing their systems, and usually have good reason to do what they do.
73 Gene W3UA

Stephen QRP

Thank you Dave for your very helpful response.
I will circulate this updated information to the many, who like me , thought electronic submission was not possible.

With thanks.

Stephen
M0GWI

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 12:03 PM, Stephen QRP wrote:

I will circulate this updated information to the many, who like me , thought electronic submission was not possible.

+ Many thanks for doing that, Stephen. This and support for WAZ were the last changes I pushed through before resigning from the ARRL's LoTW Committee back in 2017.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

LOTW system was built around PKI (Public Key Infrastructure), and initially was designed pretty secure (and thus hardly useable).

+ Your claim that PKI is "hardly usable" is demonstrably false. The LoTW database is DXView's Databases folder contains more than 130 thousand callsigns that use LoTW.

+ Yes, the initial implementations of TQSL and TQSLCert were difficult to use, with poor support for common usage scenarios, ambiguous and inconsistent terminology, confusing and erroneous error messages, latent defects, and no user documentation. Over the past 6 years, these two applications were combined into a single application with a reasonably modern user interface. A glossary was established to drive consistency across the user interface, error messages, and documentation. TQSL now provides direct support for frequent usage scenarios, simplifying "initial signup", and reducing callsign certificate renewal and most new callsign certificate requests to a few mouse clicks.

+ Critique of LoTW that is not specific to DXLab should be posted here:

<https://groups.arrl.org/g/ARRL-LoTW/messages>

+ Anyone can join the ARRL-LoTW group; ARRL membership is not a prerequisite.

Dave, AA6YQ

Dave AA6YQ

Gene W3UA: my apologies. I misunderstood your "hardly usable" comment to mean "hardly usable today", but your comment clearly applied to LoTW and TQSL as initially designed. Your characterization of LoTW and TQSL at that time is accurate.

Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2019 4:32 PM
To: 'DXLab@groups.io'
Subject: RE: [DXLab] difficulty with LOTW upload

+ AA6YQ comments below

LOTW system was built around PKI (Public Key Infrastructure), and initially was designed pretty secure (and thus hardly useable).

+ Your claim that PKI is "hardly usable" is demonstrably false. The LoTW database is DXView's Databases folder contains more than 130 thousand callsigns that use LoTW.

+ Yes, the initial implementations of TQSL and TQSLCert were difficult to use, with poor support for common usage scenarios, ambiguous and inconsistent terminology, confusing and erroneous error messages, latent defects, and no user documentation. Over the past 6 years, these two applications were combined into a single application with a reasonably modern user interface. A glossary was established to drive consistency across the user interface, error messages, and documentation. TQSL now provides direct support for frequent usage scenarios, simplifying "initial signup", and reducing callsign certificate renewal and most new callsign certificate requests to a few mouse clicks.

+ Critique of LoTW that is not specific to DXLab should be posted here:

<https://groups.arrl.org/g/ARRL-LoTW/messages>

+ Anyone can join the ARRL-LoTW group; ARRL membership is not a prerequisite.

Dave, AA6YQ