Commander -> Config -> General -> Radio panel

In the bottom left corner set "Log Mode for Data-L or Data-U" ...
one of the many options is FT8

On 2020-06-22 9:07 AM, Tim K9WX wrote:
Sometimes I log an FT8 QSO manually.  It's rare but there are occasions when I input the data into DXK by hand instead of using the automated link between DXK and WSJT/JTA.
When I do this, my Flex 6600 is in Its "DIGU" mode and DXK assigns the mode of RTTY to the QSO by default.  I have to remember to manually change it to FT8.
I've never been able to find a setting in DXK's configuration window that would allow me to change this. Something like "Default Digi mode = FT8."
Tim K9WX