CWSkimmer not sending Callsigns to WinWarbler

NY2KW

With my hearing loss I need to use a CW decoder program.  I have setup CWSkimmer to work with my Flex 6700 and DXLabs particularly WinWarbler.  All works fine except when I click on a station in CWSkimmer it is not sending callsign back to WinWarbler "Call" box.  Everything else seems to be working.

Here is how I have everything setup:

I have Commander setup for SDR-6700.  Everything tracks fine, e.g. I select a callsign on Spot Collector and the radio QSY's, changes to appropriate mode, and WinWarbler changes to appropriate settings with CALL box filled in.   I also have Spots appearing on my FlexRadio waterfall.

Before I added CWSkimmer (v2.1) - I read at least two methods to communciate with DXLabs but i went with DDUtil v4 since I use it for my amplifier etc.  DDUtil is setup for my FLEX-6700- 'Signature'.  Under Features tab in DDUtils's CWSkimmer box I have everything checked off and Port is 7310.

CWSkimmer is setup under Radio tab as 3-kHz radio, CAT tab has Radio 1 - SmartSDR is checked.  Under Rig Configure, Rig Type is set to 'SmartSDR' and it is using my COM6 which is set in SmartSDR CAT as a 'Serial and "FlexVSP" port.  Under Network Tab, CWSkimmer is set as 'Enable Telnet Server Port 7310" and "Allow Skimmer Commands" is checked.

When I start DDUtil it automatically brings up CWSkimmer and skimmer shows the correct frequency.  If I select a station from SpotCollector, CWSkimmer QSY's correclty.  If I click on a CWSkimmer signal line, everything QSY's correctly - my Flex and also the DXLabs show correct status.  Only thing missing is CWSkimmer is not sending callsign back to WinWarbler.

Any advice appreciated

Jerry NY2KW

With my hearing loss I need to use a CW decoder program.  I have setup CWSkimmer to work with my Flex 6700 and DXLabs particularly WinWarbler.  All works fine except when I click on a station in CWSkimmer it is not sending callsign back to WinWarbler "Call" box.  Everything else seems to be working.
+ That's correct behavior, Jerry. As far as I know, CWSkimmer does not provide the information necessary to do that.

NY2KW

Dave,

How about CWSkimmer sending the decoded text to WinWarbler receive pane 0 ??

Jerry NY2KW

With my hearing loss I need to use a CW decoder program.  I have setup CWSkimmer to work with my Flex 6700 and DXLabs particularly WinWarbler.  All works fine except when I click on a station in CWSkimmer it is not sending callsign back to WinWarbler "Call" box.  Everything else seems to be working.

+ That's correct behavior, Jerry. As far as I know, CWSkimmer does not provide the information necessary to do that.

Avast logo

How about CWSkimmer sending the decoded text to WinWarbler receive pane 0 ??

+ Not supported by CWSkimmer.

+ Consider using CWGet

http://dickwilliams.byethost17.com/CWGetToWinwarbler.html?i=1

+ or MRP40