CW Speed

Ed W2LCQ

I notice that CW speed in the Mode panel is stuck on @31 wpm the last N1MM+ speed I had set. I am not using N1MM+ now but using a paddle connected to a WinKeyerUSB connected to the rig and the CW speed does not move off @31 wpm even though I’m going about 20 wpm. Checked Config and can’t find anything. Any ideas?  Thanks a lot.

All best, Ed

73, de W2LCQ, Ed Jones

The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another.” —-Nicola Tesla

Dave AA6YQ

I notice that CW speed in the Mode panel is stuck on @31 wpm the last N1MM+ speed I had set. I am not using N1MM+ now but using a paddle connected to a WinKeyerUSB connected to the rig and the CW speed does not move off @31 wpm even though I’m going about 20 wpm. Checked Config and can’t find anything. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

+ Commander's Mode panel only displays the CW speed if it is controlling a transceiver that can transmit CW via CAT command; the CW speed displayed is what is being reported by that transceiver. The fact that you're using some other means of sending CW is not reflected in this display.

+ If you're using WinWarbler to control your WinKey, WinWarbler will display your WinKey's current CW speed in its Main window's "CW Transmit" panel if you have that panel's "WinKey Speed" box checked.

Ed W2LCQ

Hi Dave,

I’m using an Icom 7300. It is not displaying CW Speed on DXCommander 15.0.9.  On CW Mode on Bandspread panel CW is checked and on the General tab Xmit Meter I set SWR which works fine. You mentioned in a previous email that Icom 7300 sends keying speed. It doesn’t look like it is. Should I be using Winwarbler? Not sure what Winwarbler does for keying. I’m not using my USB cable for keying but a WinKeyer USB on its own cable to the rig. But as you said my keying method should not affect the rig returning keying speed to me.

Thanks and all best, Ed

On Apr 19, 2021, at 11:21 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

[...]

+ To what "Bandspread panel" are you referring?

and on the General tab Xmit Meter I set SWR which works fine. You mentioned in a previous email that Icom 7300 sends keying speed. It doesn’t look like it is.

+ With the Mode panel on Commander's Main window set to CW, the Mode panel's caption displays my IC-7300's current CW speed, as shown in this screen shot:

www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/IC7300_SW_Speed.jpg

+ You can adjust your IC-7300's CW speed by clicking its Multi knob's button while in CW mode, selecting "KEY SPEED" from the on-screen menu, and then rotating the Multi knob. You can also setup a user-defined slider in Commander.

Should I be using Winwarbler? Not sure what Winwarbler does for keying.

+ WinWarbler provides the ability to send CW by typing characters on a keyboard, with comprehensive macro support. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/winwarbler/Help/CW.htm

+ WinWarbler can also display text decoded from CW by your transceiver, an external HF modem, or an external CW-decoding application. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CW_Operation