Topics

crashed HD

richard clare

Lost my hard drive couple of days ago. Reinstalled new HD and windows 10. Then reinstalled DXLabs software. Is there any to re populate my log. As of now it is gone. I have been using Lotw and Clublog. Don't know if that will help creating new log in DXKeeper. Any suggestions?

Kenneth Johansson

The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I got my log back from LOTW. It took many hours but it did work. It is also possible to get your log back from ClubLog. Since then I keep two backups, one in the cloud and one on a USB-stick. :-)

73
Ken/SM4EMO

Lost my hard drive couple of days ago. Reinstalled new HD and windows
10. Then reinstalled DXLabs software. Is there any to re populate my
log. As of now it is gone. I have been using Lotw and Clublog. Don't
know if that will help creating new log in DXKeeper. Any suggestions?
Links:
------
[1] https://groups.io/g/DXLab/message/190511
[2] https://groups.io/mt/69892555/4123681
[3] https://groups.io/g/DXLab/post
[4] https://groups.io/g/DXLab/editsub/4123681
[5] https://groups.io/g/DXLab/leave/defanged

Lost my hard drive couple of days ago. Reinstalled new HD and windows 10. Then reinstalled DXLabs software. Is there any to re populate my log. As of now it is gone. I have been using Lotw and Clublog. Don't know if that will help creating new log in DXKeeper. Any suggestions?

+ You can recover some basic information about each QSO from LoTW:

callsign
frequency
band
mode
QSO date and time
propagation mode
satellite name (if the propagation mode is SAT)
station callsign
LotW upload status
LotW confirmation status

+ Step-by-step instructions are here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWRecoveringLostQSOs

+ A free backup-and-recovery application and one mouse click in DXKeeper would have prevented your loss of log information. Another couple of mouse clicks in the Launcher would have prevented the need to configure your DXLab applications after re-installing them. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery>

Bart AA7VA

I had a major HD crash a couple months ago (and then the motherboard died on abt 10 year old I3 that ran very hot because I was pushing it too hard) - but I had backup on both a thumb drive and online (cloud storage).  DXlabs is setup to do the former, cloud software to backup the latter along with some other folders of importance, and also an occasional full disk backup.  When my hard drive fried, I lost some setup info, but reconstructed it with some troubles where DXlabs Wiki was immensely appreciated.  Had to reload almost everything with the new computer, and backups of data for various programs made life much easier to get running correctly.
If you do not have any log backups, you can go to various online logs you are using (eQSL, LotW, QRZ, etc), export as ADIF log and then import into DXlabs log, allowing for some loss of data.  I note that my various online logs do not have the same number of entries, so maybe importing a variety and dupe checking can help recover most of them.

Richard Clare

Thanks for all the replies back. Dave, thanks for the advice. I will be doing all of the things you suggested to prevent this from happening again