Topics

CQ in WSJTX received window

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I think this is of interest to both  WSJTX and DXLABS and MAYBE HAMAPPS groups.

In WSJTX receive windows the decoded message will show the decoded CQ  or CQ DX.

Running DXKIEEPER and PATHFINDER then the decoded message with the CQ still shows.

ADDING SPOT COLLDECTOR and the CQ no longer shows. It only shows. That means if I click on a CQ sender I see jet in the transmit window now but if it was a CQ DX which will show there it is too late. Transmit has started and I have to end it if the directed CQ was not for me.

Is there a solution to this or do I have to live with it?

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

neil_zampella

FWIW ... JT-Alert has a setting to show if the CQ is a directed call.   Don't think its an issue there.  I have it set to show a BOLD RED box on the JT-Alert display.   During the RTTY Contest they're all red boxed as the CQ RU is seen as a directed call.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 1/5/2020 8:29 AM, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:

[...]

+ SpotCollector has not ability to stop WSJT-X from displaying decoded information, however it can optionally control the color
WSJT-X uses to display that information. In particular, it can control the color used to display the word "CQ" in the WSJT-X "Band
Activity" panel.

+ In the "WSJT-X" panel on the "Spot Sources" tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, uncheck the "CQ color" box, and wait a
decoding cycle or two; have the words CQ re-appeared in the WSJT-X "Band Activity" panel?

+ This is step 4a in the "Configuring SpotCollector" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect>

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I did follow that setup document. The problem is that although it colors the
RX window to chow it is a CQ it does not show the entire message. Thus I
have no idea if it is a CQ or a directional CQ until I double click it and
it goes to the transmit window and starts sending quickly which is too late
to know if it is a directional cq. I then may have to stop transmit if I do
not want to be answering a directional CQ that was not directed at me in any
way.

On the other hand, I turned off ALL coloring by WSJTX and now I do see the
entire message including the CQ in the left-hand window. Might be missing
something but it work for me.

--

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 11:05 AM, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:

I did follow that setup document. The problem is that although it colors the
RX window to chow it is a CQ it does not show the entire message. Thus I
have no idea if it is a CQ or a directional CQ until I double click it and
it goes to the transmit window and starts sending quickly which is too late
to know if it is a directional cq. I then may have to stop transmit if I do
not want to be answering a directional CQ that was not directed at me in any
way.

On the other hand, I turned off ALL coloring by WSJTX and now I do see the
entire message including the CQ in the left-hand window. Might be missing
something but it work for me.

+ In rapid succession, please make screen shots of the WSJT-X window with coloring by WSJT-X enabled and disabled, attach them to an email message, and send them to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ so I can see what information is not being displayed.