Corrected DXKeeper 16.7.1 retraction instructions

Dave AA6YQ

(tnx to Mike K6MKF and Jose N4BAA)

DXKeeper 16.7.1 does not properly import an ADIF file or receive a logged
QSO from other applications if Callbook lookup is not enabled.

Please revert to DXKeeper 16.6.6:

1. terminate DXKeeper

2. In your DXKeeper folder,

2.a. delete the file

DXKeeper.exe

2.b make a copy of the file

DXKeeper1666.exe

2.c rename that copy

DXKeeper.exe

For more information, see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion

Phil Cooper

Hi Dave,

And possibly delete DXKeeper1667.exe as well?

73 de Phil GU0SUP

DXKeeper 16.7.1 does not properly import an ADIF file or receive a logged
QSO from other applications if Callbook lookup is not enabled.

Please revert to DXKeeper 16.6.6:

1. terminate DXKeeper

2. In your DXKeeper folder,

2.a. delete the file

DXKeeper.exe

2.b make a copy of the file

DXKeeper1666.exe

2.c rename that copy

DXKeeper.exe

For more information, see

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion

And possibly delete DXKeeper1667.exe as well?

+ You should revert to DXKeeper 16.6.6, Phil. Deleting the file isn't necessary, but would be good hygiene.

GLENN P. KE4KY

I reverted back to 1666 without a problem, thanks for notice and directions.

Glenn KE4KY

Phil Cooper

Hi Dave,

I did revert back by deleting the exe, then renaming the 1666 version, but also deleted the 1667 version, simply because of the reason you gave.

Magic support, as always!

73 de Phil GU0SUP

And possibly delete DXKeeper1667.exe as well?

+ You should revert to DXKeeper 16.6.6, Phil. Deleting the file isn't necessary, but would be good hygiene.

Dick Grote

I tried to revert to 1667 and have gotten myself into a bit of a pickle.  I take full responsibility because I probably didn't follow the directions closely enough.

I have the 1666 version as DXKeeper.exe in the DXKeeper folder, but when I try to launch it from Commander I get the message "Unable to launch DX Keeper-the file C:\DXLabs\DXKeeper\DXKeeper.exe doesn't exit".  If I try to launch the DXKeeper.exe directly from the DXKeeper directory, it launches just fine, the green DXKeeper green light shows up on Commander and I can close it from Commander. But if I try to open it again from Commander, I get the same error message.

Words of wisdom?

Thanks.

--
Dick
K6PBF

I have the 1666 version as DXKeeper.exe in the DXKeeper folder, but when I try to launch it from Commander I get the message "Unable to launch DX Keeper-the file C:\DXLabs\DXKeeper\DXKeeper.exe doesn't exit".  If I try to launch the DXKeeper.exe directly from the DXKeeper directory, it launches just fine, the green DXKeeper green light shows up on Commander and I can close it from Commander. But if I try to open it again from Commander, I get the same error message.

+ I assume you mean that you are unable to launch DXKeeper from the Launcher (not Commander)>

+ What is the full pathname of your DXKeeper folder?

+ On the "DXLab Apps" tab on the Launcher's Configuration window,  what is specified as DXKeeper's "Program Path"?

Greg Waits

Dave, I am having a problem with Spot Collector.  Please see the attached snip. My normal display does not show, and "autoscroll" at the top right is flashing.  When I click it, nothing happens.  Also, the solar flare index, A, and K indexes have been the same for several days.
I have tried restoring it in Launcher Config without progress. I also tried loading a friend's SpotCollector.reg file.  Nothing is helping.  I have not had any other trouble with the computer, and I don't remember doing anything to cause this.
Thank you for all your help.
Greg K4OY

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 2:23 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below
I have the 1666 version as DXKeeper.exe in the DXKeeper folder, but when I try to launch it from Commander I get the message "Unable to launch DX Keeper-the file C:\DXLabs\DXKeeper\DXKeeper.exe doesn't exit".  If I try to launch the DXKeeper.exe directly from the DXKeeper directory, it launches just fine, the green DXKeeper green light shows up on Commander and I can close it from Commander. But if I try to open it again from Commander, I get the same error message.

+ I assume you mean that you are unable to launch DXKeeper from the Launcher (not Commander)>

+ What is the full pathname of your DXKeeper folder?

+ On the "DXLab Apps" tab on the Launcher's Configuration window,  what is specified as DXKeeper's "Program Path"?

Greg Waits

Dick Grote

Dave,

In providing the info to respond, I found the problem.  DXKeeper was stored as DXKeeper.exe.exe.  I had added an .exe to the name of the file when I renamed it which obviously wasn't necessary.

I'm good now.  Sorry to request your help on what turned out to be trivial.

Thanks and 73,
--
Dick
K6PBF

Dave, I am having a problem with Spot Collector.  Please see the attached snip.
+ Attachments are not conveyed here. Please send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ If there's an errorlog.txt file in your SpotCollector folder, please attach that to the email message as well..
My normal display does not show, and "autoscroll" at the top right is flashing.  When I click it, nothing happens.  Also, the solar flare index, A, and K indexes have been the same for several days.
I have tried restoring it in Launcher Config without progress. I also tried loading a friend's SpotCollector.reg file.
+ That's a really bad idea, as files may be located in different file system locations on your system vs. your friend's system.

In providing the info to respond, I found the problem.  DXKeeper was stored as DXKeeper.exe.exe.  I had added an .exe to the name of the file when I renamed it which obviously wasn't necessary.

I'm good now.  Sorry to request your help on what turned out to be trivial.
+ Easy corrections are just as beneficial as difficult ones; I'm glad you found and fixed the problem!