Contest Log Import Errors

Dale Drake

I imported my CQWW 160 CW contest log from N1MM+ (as a standard ADIF) with the DXK import page parameters set as usual expect this time I changed Options to query callbook & DXCC database for missing items and I checked set select in imported QSOs to Y.  No duplicate checking items were checked ( I never have checked any before).  The iport went fine with only one Pathfinder error unrelated to the duplicate QSOs.

After importing I ran the Sel filter in DXK, uploaded the QSOs to LoTW and then used the modify QSOs in log page to set Select to blank and finally cleared the filter.

A few minutes later I ran Sync LoTW QSOs and got an error file showing 8 QSOs as duplicates. (There were no dupes in the ADIF).  I then search the log for the dupes and deleted them. Most of the dupes showed one of the QSO's LoTW Rcvd as blank so I deleted those but a couple of them showed both QSOs as R ( I just picked one of those and deleted it).

Not a big problem because this contest log was very small.  Was this pilot error or is something not right here?

Dale AA1QD

Dave AA6YQ

I imported my CQWW 160 CW contest log from N1MM+ (as a standard ADIF) with the DXK import page parameters set as usual expect this time I changed Options to query callbook & DXCC database for missing items and I checked set select in imported QSOs to Y. No duplicate checking items were checked ( I never have checked any before). The iport went fine with only one Pathfinder error unrelated to the duplicate QSOs.

After importing I ran the Sel filter in DXK, uploaded the QSOs to LoTW and then used the modify QSOs in log page to set Select to blank and finally cleared the filter.

A few minutes later I ran Sync LoTW QSOs and got an error file showing 8 QSOs as duplicates. (There were no dupes in the ADIF). I then search the log for the dupes and deleted them. Most of the dupes showed one of the QSO's LoTW Rcvd as blank so I deleted those but a couple of them showed both QSOs as R ( I just picked one of those and deleted it).

Not a big problem because this contest log was very small. Was this pilot error or is something not right here?

+ You didn't mention clearing the Select item in all QSOs before importing (e.g. by clicking the "Clear Select'' button at the bottom of the Main window's "Check Progress") tab, so there could have been some QSOs in your log that had already been submitted to LoTW and with their Select items already set to 'Y'; these QSOs would have been re-submitted to LoTW along with your newly-imported QSOs.

+ Instead of using the Select item to choose your newly-imported QSOs for submission to LoTW, populate the QSL Queue using the "Add Requested" function on the Main windows "Log QSOs" tab (with the "QSL Via" panel set to LoTW). This eliminates the need to manage Select items and prevents the unnecessary resubmission of QSOs to LoTW.

Dave AA6YQ

Dale Drake

Yes the Select item in all the QSOs before importing was cleared. Even if not, the duplicate QSOs were with the QSOs just imported.

I understand the method of Add Requested but I believe my method should work also and should not create duplicate QSOs.

Maybe I wasn't clear about the problem. The duplicate QSOs were not from trying to upload the same QSO again to LoTW but were actual duplicates in my log somehow created during the steps I described above.  What am I missing here?

Dale

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below
Maybe I wasn't clear about the problem. The duplicate QSOs were not from trying to upload the same QSO again to LoTW but were actual duplicates in my log somehow created during the steps I described above.  What am I missing here?

+ If there were duplicate QSOs in your log that you submitted to LoTW, the only thing that surprises me about your report is that TQSL didn't object to the duplicates when you directed DXKeeper to submit your QSOs to LoTW. Were they exact duplicates, or QSOs with dates and times within the same minute?

Dave, AA6YQ