Commander won't track K3 for more than 10 seconds

Michael Murphy

I have a problem with Commander tracking my K3. It will track for about 10 seconds and then drop. I have tried multiple cables without any change.

If I hit the reset button under the general tab in the configuration tab it will come back but again for only about 10 seconds.

It works fine with my 7300 and KX3.

Thoughts?
--
Mike Murphy - KI8R

I have a problem with Commander tracking my K3. It will track for about 10 seconds and then drop. I have tried multiple cables without any change.

If I hit the reset button under the general tab in the configuration tab it will come back but again for only about 10 seconds.

It works fine with my 7300 and KX3.

Thoughts?

+ Is this new behavior, or has this always been the case?

+ Make sure that Windows is not configured to power down the port you are using with your K3.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PreventUSBPortPowerDown

Michael Murphy

Dave,

I tried the suggestions in Joe's article with no real success.

I should mention that this has been happening for the past several months, I've been busy with other things and never got to asking about it until now.

I should also mention that N1MM controls my K3 just fine and follows the frequency without any issues.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

- Mike - KI8R

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 2:22 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I have a problem with Commander tracking my K3. It will track for about 10 seconds and then drop. I have tried multiple cables without any change.

If I hit the reset button under the general tab in the configuration tab it will come back but again for only about 10 seconds.

It works fine with my 7300 and KX3.

Thoughts?

+ Is this new behavior, or has this always been the case?

+ Make sure that Windows is not configured to power down the port you are using with your K3.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PreventUSBPortPowerDown

Michael Murphy - KI8R

mike@...

www.ki8r.com

614-371-8265

Mike Murphy - KI8R

I tried the suggestions in Joe's article with no real success.

I should mention that this has been happening for the past several months, I've been busy with other things and never got to asking about it until now.

I should also mention that N1MM controls my K3 just fine and follows the frequency without any issues.

Any other suggestions?

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, check the "log debugging info" box
2. terminate Commander
3. set your K3 to 14005 in CW
4. start Commander, and wait for it to fully initialize
5. using its front panel, slowly QSY your K3 to 14050 over the course of 30 seconds
6. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, uncheck the "log debugging info" box
7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com