Commander UDP packet issue

Gregg W6IZT

Greetings Dave:

I hope that all is well. I use the UDP broadcasts from Commander with K8UTs FreqEZ application to control antenna switching. Generally the two apps work well together. I have discovered that at times the  xml  values sent by commander appear to not update properly. I set up a listener in Node Red to look at the xml data.  Before this capture I had changed bands from 17m to 160m. Both od the VFOs were set to 1.840 MHz. Here is a capture of the xml file. As you can see the VFO B frequency is indicating 18.000 MHz.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<RadioInfo>

<app>DXLab</app>

<RadioNr>1</RadioNr>

<Freq>184000</Freq>

<TXFreq>1810000</TXFreq>

<Mode>Data-U</Mode>

<IsSplit>False</IsSplit>

</RadioInfo>

Restarting Commander resolves what appears to be an issue. I was going to attach the error log but it is 95 Mbs. I can put it in Google Drive or DropBox, whichever you prefer.

Thanks for all that you do.

Gregg W6IZT

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I hope that all is well. I use the UDP broadcasts from Commander with K8UTs FreqEZ application to control antenna switching. Generally the two apps work well together. I have discovered that at times the xml values sent by commander appear to not update properly. I set up a listener in Node Red to look at the xml data. Before this capture I had changed bands from 17m to 160m. Both od the VFOs were set to 1.840 MHz. Here is a capture of the xml file. As you can see the VFO B frequency is indicating 18.000 MHz.

<RadioInfo>

<app>DXLab</app>

<RadioNr>1</RadioNr>

<Freq>184000</Freq>

<TXFreq>1810000</TXFreq>

<Mode>Data-U</Mode>

<IsSplit>False</IsSplit>

</RadioInfo>

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following

1. On the Configuration window's General tab, check the "log debugging info" box

2. Terminate Commander

3. Using its front panel, set both of the radio's VFOs to 18,100 with Split disabled

4. Delete the errorlog.txt file in your Commander folder

5. Start Commander, and wait for it to fully initialize

6. QSY to 1,840 without enabling Split

7. Wait for Commander's Main window to display the new frequency

8. On the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "log debugging info" box

9. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ

Gregg W6IZT

<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Virus-free. www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

w6de

Greg, wrong Dave.  Maybe you intended Dave, AA6YQ.

Dave, w6de

From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gregg W6IZT via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 22:36
To: DXLab@groups.io
Cc: 'Larry Gauthier (K8UT)'
Subject: [DXLab] Commander UDP packet issue

Greetings Dave:

I hope that all is well. I use the UDP broadcasts from Commander with K8UTs FreqEZ application to control antenna switching. Generally the two apps work well together. I have discovered that at times the  xml  values sent by commander appear to not update properly. I set up a listener in Node Red to look at the xml data.  Before this capture I had changed bands from 17m to 160m. Both od the VFOs were set to 1.840 MHz. Here is a capture of the xml file. As you can see the VFO B frequency is indicating 18.000 MHz.

<RadioInfo>

<app>DXLab</app>

<RadioNr>1</RadioNr>

<Freq>184000</Freq>

<TXFreq>1810000</TXFreq>

<Mode>Data-U</Mode>

<IsSplit>False</IsSplit>

</RadioInfo>

Restarting Commander resolves what appears to be an issue. I was going to attach the error log but it is 95 Mbs. I can put it in Google Drive or DropBox, whichever you prefer.

Gregg W6IZT