From: Rich - W3ZJ <rich@...>
Date: 01/20/2014 6:04 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: dxlab@...
Subject: Re: [dxlab] RE: Commander PTT Sluggish with JT65-HF

Unfortunately, it has to do with DDE which is an outdated technology
that still works (if you use it right) but is no longer supported by the
folks in Washington.

73, Rich - W3ZJ

Stephen Rabinowitz MD wrote:
> You were right on the money. My DXLab Launcher was running as
> administrator and WSJT-X was not. Once all programs were running at a
> humbler status the communications began to to flow. Seems like the
> folks in Washington should be introduced to this concept. Many thanks.
> 73 Steve WA2DFPby the

bill <bill@...>

Good one Steve. :-))

On 2014-01-20 5:23 PM, Stephen Rabinowitz MD wrote:

Well, Rich, I recall the good old days, when DDE was the President.
73 Steve WA2DFP

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

--

A fool and his money soon become a Sysop!

W5ADD@arrl.net

Dave, many thanks.

With your help we zeroed in on SpotCollector as the application that was slowing Commander PTT. I had 380K spots in SpotCollector,

By reducing SpotCollector's appetite for resources, the problem disappeared entirely:

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/OptimizeSCPerformance>

There's obviously been a great deal of effort put into making the documentation on your software accessible and clear, but I missed the solution.

Thanks again.

--

73 Parker W5ADD