Topics

Commander lost control of radio 2

tgzuber

I have a Yaesu FT-2000 as radio 1 on port 5 that is working fine. I have a Yeasu FT-847 as radio 2 that was working fine on port 3. Recently Commander lost control of the 847. The Commander Port tab showed it on port 3 as before but when I checked the Multi Radio tab it had the 847 on port 5. When I tried ti reset it for Port 3 I got the error message "Multi radio 2s' port settings from the settings now specified in the Primary CAT serial port panel on Configuration window's Ports tab? Yes or No"  Clicking YES changes the port of radio 2 to port 5 same as radio1. I moved the FT-847 to ports 6 and 7 and get the same response. What am I missing?

Tom WN0DRC

I have a Yaesu FT-2000 as radio 1 on port 5 that is working fine. I have a Yeasu FT-847 as radio 2 that was working fine on port 3.
Recently Commander lost control of the 847. The Commander Port tab showed it on port 3 as before but when I checked the Multi Radio
tab it had the 847 on port 5.

When I tried ti reset it for Port 3 I got the error message "Multi radio 2s' port settings from the settings now specified in the
Primary CAT serial port panel on Configuration window's Ports tab? Yes or No"

+ That's not an error message. Commander is asking you if you want your change propagated to the MultiRadio tab,.

Clicking YES changes the port of radio 2 to port 5 same as radio1. I moved the
FT-847 to ports 6 and 7 and get the same response.
What am I missing?

+ Your report above indicates that either settings are being inadvertently modified, or the Windows Registry has been modified. Did
you direct the Launcher to load a previously-saved Workspace?

+ Select the FT-847 as your primary transceiver. Select the appropriate serial port and other settings so that Commander can
control it. Then Update the MultiRadio panel to reflect those settings.

tgzuber

Windows update did something positive for once!

I followed the steps below to get DXLabs talking to my second radio without success and rebooting the computer had no effect. Then I got notice that Windows version 2004 was ready so I said what the heck and installed it. To my surprise when 2004 was installed and I started DXLabs there was my second radio.

I'm a happy radio operator once again. Now I just have to figure out why versions of Commander newer than 14.3.1 lose control of both radios. Windows 2004 did not solve that problem. Error logs are 97K and too large for me to email.

Tom WN0DRC

On 7/21/2020 3:50 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

[...]

+ Make sure that "Log debugging info" is not enabled on the Configuration window's General tab. Then terminate Commander, and delete the existing errorlog.txt files. Start Commander; as soon as Commander's Main window title bar indicates the presence of an errorlog.txt file, attach it to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com