When I start it up it doesn't connect to my Flex 6600 but instead tries to connect to 169.254.x.xx.  The Flex is at 192.168.1.xx.  I change the IP address, click on reset, and everything is fine until the next time I start Commander and have to go through it all again.

I am sure I have messed something up, just not what.

73 de K1ESE
John

Joe Subich, W4TV

Are you loading a workspace on start-up? If so, configure Commander
for the proper IP address, close all DXLab applications except Launcher,
and save/update your workspace.

On 2022-06-27 10:19 AM, John Huffman wrote:
I am using Commander 15.4.4
When I start it up it doesn't connect to my Flex 6600 but instead tries to connect to 169.254.x.xx.  The Flex is at 192.168.1.xx.  I change the IP address, click on reset, and everything is fine until the next time I start Commander and have to go through it all again.
I am sure I have messed something up, just not what.
73 de K1ESE
John

John Huffman

I thought you might be on to it, Joe.  I was not aware of starting a workspace but there is a workspace shown in Launcher.  I did as you suggested, saving the correct IP to the workspace, but restarting showed the wrong IP is still there.

73,
K1ESE
John

On 2022-06-27 10:19 AM, John Huffman wrote:
> I am using Commander 15.4.4
>
> When I start it up it doesn't connect to my Flex 6600 but instead tries
> to connect to 169.254.x.xx.  The Flex is at 192.168.1.xx.  I change the
> IP address, click on reset, and everything is fine until the next time I
> start Commander and have to go through it all again.
>
> I am sure I have messed something up, just not what.
>
> 73 de K1ESE
> John

Jeff Schwartz

A friend of mine had this same issue after upgrading  to the latest SDR version on his Flex.  On the Commander Config Multi Radio Tab if you hit the Select Button next to the Flex radio see if the IP address is correct. If not correct it, go back to the General tab and hit the Reset button. Then you can see if it come back correctly when you close and reopen.
GL Jeff /KI0KB

On 2022-06-27 10:19 AM, John Huffman wrote:
> I am using Commander 15.4.4
>
> When I start it up it doesn't connect to my Flex 6600 but instead tries
> to connect to 169.254.x.xx.  The Flex is at 192.168.1.xx.  I change the
> IP address, click on reset, and everything is fine until the next time I
> start Commander and have to go through it all again.
>
> I am sure I have messed something up, just not what.
>
> 73 de K1ESE
> John

John Huffman

Jeff -

That was it!  The IP in the multi-radio was wrong.

Many thanks!!

73 de K1ESE
John

On 2022-06-27 10:19 AM, John Huffman wrote:
> I am using Commander 15.4.4
>
> When I start it up it doesn't connect to my Flex 6600 but instead tries
> to connect to 169.254.x.xx.  The Flex is at 192.168.1.xx.  I change the
> IP address, click on reset, and everything is fine until the next time I
> start Commander and have to go through it all again.
>
> I am sure I have messed something up, just not what.
>
> 73 de K1ESE
> John

am using Commander 15.4.4

When I start it up it doesn't connect to my Flex 6600 but instead tries to connect to 169.254.x.xx.  The Flex is at 192.168.1.xx.  I change the IP address, click on reset, and everything is fine until the next time I start Commander and have to go through it all again.

I am sure I have messed something up, just not what

+ When did this behavior first appear?

+ In the "Radio Selection" sub-panel in the Radio panel on Commander's Configuration window's General tab, what is specified in the "Serial Number", "IP Address", and "IP Port" settings?

ab4sf@...

I have been having the same issue here: Flex 6600M, Win 11 Home 64-bit Dell tower, i7-8700 3.2 Ghz proc, 16GB RAM.  The Flex reports that its DHCP IP is 192.168.0.159.

Problem began with Commander 15.4.4.  Reverting back to 15.4.3 clears the problem but then, of course, I do not have access to the cool new features of 15.4.4.

- 14.4.4 issue: Commander could not find my radio. Commander Config Tab kept coming up on an old IP address.  Thanks to this thread found the old IP adr also in the MultiRadio Tab but changing that to the current IP did not fix the issue.  The General tab does not remember the Port number (4992).  When I put that port number in the field manually and Reset, Commander immediately finds my radio and all is good until I shut down and later start the Suite back up again. At that point the Port Number box is again empty.

- I tried re-saving the one Workspace I use.  That did not fix the problem (Port Number does not return when Commander starts the next time) so I Deleted the Workspace and then saved a new one with a different name.  Still no joy.  The Port number is not remembered when Commander starts the next time, thus no radio found.

- Yes, I have upgraded the Flex from 2.7.6 to 2.8 but this Commander behavior is the same with both Flex versions.

- The Flex is sitting on the same network as the DXLabs pc.

- I do have 3 other radios in the MultiRadio tab.  One I do use, an IC-7100 on COM 3.  That one is enabled.  There are two other Icoms configured from past experiments where I was helping friends check out radios but those two are not enabled (box not checked) or set to Interrogate, nor are the radios present.

- My knowledge of IP networking is probably just enough to be dangerous :)

That's all I can think of to report.  Any ideas??

73
Wray AB4SF

I have been having the same issue here: Flex 6600M, Win 11 Home 64-bit Dell tower, i7-8700 3.2 Ghz proc, 16GB RAM.  The Flex reports that its DHCP IP is 192.168.0.159.

Problem began with Commander 15.4.4.  Reverting back to 15.4.3 clears the problem but then, of course, I do not have access to the cool new features of 15.4.4.
+ I have sent you a new version of Commander to test. Please let me know how it goes.