Topics

Commander & CWSkimmer

Stephen Rabinowitz

When Commander is running and CWSkimmer is then started, CWS shows freq 000. If Commander is then closed and restarted, CWS correctly shows the transceiver frequency. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from BlueMail

On Oct 17, 2019, at 10:44 AM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 07:12 AM, Jim NO0B wrote:

A quick observation is that if one starts with the first thread presented in Daily Summary and thenceforth moves from one thread to the next via the Next Topic button at the bottom of the thread, one will see every thread in the Daily Summary in it's entirety, but not in the thread order of the email.  When one gets to the last thread in the Daily Summary the Next Topic won't advance you farther, even if there are new messages posted since the Daily Summary.

Thread order in the group seems to be governed by the message number of the last message in the thread (which may be the same as time sequence, but time isn't shown).  I don't know how thread order is determined in the Daily Summary but it is not necessarily the same as when looking at the group of threads.

The answer to my question appears to be either read each thread in the Daily Summary as an individual thread or start with the top thread and use Next Topic until it no longer produces a new thread.

+ Thanks, Jim!

When Commander is running and CWSkimmer is then started, CWS shows freq 000. If Commander is then closed and restarted, CWS correctly shows the transceiver frequency. What am I doing wrong?

+ I assume that you are using the "CW Skimmer to Commander" bridge application.

+ If you start CW Skimmer before you start Commander, do they interoperate correctly?

Stephen Rabinowitz

Yes, I am using the bridge with the auto-connect option checked. Starting CWS and then Commander always works.

Sent from BlueMail

On Oct 17, 2019, at 4:09 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

When Commander is running and CWSkimmer is then started, CWS shows freq 000. If Commander is then closed and restarted, CWS correctly shows the transceiver frequency. What am I doing wrong?

+ I assume that you are using the "CW Skimmer to Commander" bridge application.

+ If you start CW Skimmer before you start Commander, do they interoperate correctly?

Yes, I am using the bridge with the auto-connect option checked. Starting CWS and then Commander always works.

+ Then that's the order in which you should start them. Allowing the opposite order would require extending the "CW Skimmer to Commander" bridge application.

Stephen Rabinowitz

Thank you, Dave.
73, Steve K2SN

Sent from BlueMail