Topics

Commander: cannot connect to port error

Norm - KC1BMD

I have two radios configured in Commander. I think it remembers the last one used when Commander is shut down. If that radio is not powered up then when Commander starts pop up error produced about not being able to connect to the port. This radio is connected to the PC with a USB connection, so if the radio is off it does not activate the related port on the PC. As an aside, I had done the same thing with HRD, controlling both these radios and it was handled with a connection dialog that popped up when launching, so I could decide which radio to connect. Can Commander be configured to not remember which radio was used last so I can make that selection on Commander start up? Otherwise, I just need to acknowledge the error twice, since the error occurred twice.
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD

I have two radios configured in Commander. I think it remembers the last one used when Commander is shut down. If that radio is not powered up then when Commander starts pop up error produced about not being able to connect to the port. This radio is connected to the PC with a USB connection, so if the radio is off it does not activate the related port on the PC. As an aside, I had done the same thing with HRD, controlling both these radios and it was handled with a connection dialog that popped up when launching, so I could decide which radio to connect. Can Commander be configured to not remember which radio was used last so I can make that selection on Commander start up? Otherwise, I just need to acknowledge the error twice, since the error occurred twice.

+ Commander remembers which transceiver your were using when it was last terminated, and automatically selects that transceiver when next started.

+ The need for two mouse clicks when you start Commander with the last-used transceiver still powered down is an imposition you'll have to endure if you continue using DXLab.

Norm - KC1BMD

OK, thanks.
--
73, Norm/KC1BMD