Topics

Commander and FTDX101 ...some wishes and ideas

H & R Geier

Hi,

i am a daily user of dxlab commander.  I like it very much since long time. Today for me it´s the only really usable CAT Program for my FTDX101D

During work, a few wishes came up :

Using my FTDX101 :

 I miss a button to switch control to the SUB receiver instead of the MAIN Receiver in the standards. I know i can add a custom button.

In an ideal world, this could also swap a variable in the custom buttons from main to sub ( 0-1 ).

There we come to the next wish:  More buttons on more space ..ideally freely to distribute so one can reflect the radios layout. With todays modern radios the number of buttons on one screen is not really enough.

( hence a splitting main/sub would take my demands down ) .

Using a radio with a sub receiver it also would be very useful to have a slider that can modify 2 Variables at once,

in my wish AFGain main down, while AFGain SUB up. Sort of a balance slider.

I am happy to supply more details on CAT commads tot he FTDX and/or  beta test.

73

DL9NDW

Harry

Using my FTDX101 :

I miss a button to switch control to the SUB receiver instead of the MAIN Receiver in the standards.

+ The next version of Commander provides Main, Sub M=S, and MxS buttons that select the Main receiver, select the Sub receiver, set the Sub receiver's frequency to that of the Main receiver's frequency, and exchange the Main and Sub receiver frequencies respectively. Ivor MM0IEL is testing this new version.

In an ideal world, this could also swap a variable in the custom buttons from main to sub ( 0-1 ).

+ That would require expanding Commander's user-defined command "language" into a full scale programming language with the ability to test and set fields of arbitrary size. It would also require providing a full-scale debugger to support the development of programs in that "language". Few users would benefit from the effort required to extend Commander in this way.

There we come to the next wish: More buttons on more space ..ideally freely to distribute so one can reflect the radios layout. With todays modern radios the number of buttons on one screen is not really enough.

+ Commander provides two banks of 16 buttons that can invoke user-defined command sequences, and 2 banks of 8 user-defined sliders. That's not enough?

Using a radio with a sub receiver it also would be very useful to have a slider that can modify 2 Variables at once. in my wish AFGain main down, while AFGain SUB up. Sort of a balance slider.

+ You can control multiple variables now with a user-defined command sequence that advances among multiple states each time you click its button.

H & R Geier

Hi Dave,

i ment the number of buttons visible at one level. I wanted to duplicete the A receiver buttons to the second level, thus 16 are not much at present i have
NB
DNR
DNF
IPO(preamps)

VFO A/B
ANT
TX Power Steps
QM in

QM out
DNR Levels
Processor
ATT enuator

already 12   and i want to add EQ on/off , Keyer on/off VFO Sync RIT TX RIT Rx     and some more...

Maybe much, but i usually sit a bit away from the radio and commander makes that easy to do.

Maybe, when the basic support for the FTDX101 gets better..i can remove some.

The sequence button ( i used for Dnr Level ) approach for MAIN SUB AF gain is probably a workaround..but a balance slider would be better

..anyway...just ideas and wishes..

harry

i ment the number of buttons visible at one level. I wanted to duplicete the A receiver buttons to the second level, thus 16 are not much at present i have NB DNR DNF
IPO(preamps)

VFO A/B
ANT
TX Power Steps
QM in

QM out
DNR Levels
Processor
ATT enuator

already 12 and i want to add EQ on/off , Keyer on/off VFO Sync RIT TX RIT Rx and some more...

Maybe much, but i usually sit a bit away from the radio and commander makes that easy to do.

+ One mouse click gets you access to a second set of 16 command sequence buttons and 8 sliders.