Commander and Flex frequency changing

Tim Vandagriff

I have a Flex 6700. Sometimes.....when I have more than two Panadapters open, for example, 3.525 and 7.025, If I click on Panadapter B to move frequency, and couple of seconds later it shifts Panadapter to the new frequency also.....a few minutes ago, without any intervention by me, Panadapter A changed to the frequency on Panadapter B
This only occurs when commander is active.
Also, is there any plan to allow Commander to work with muliple panadapters open? For example if I click on a spot in spot collector it always changes the frequency on Panadapter A even when it is not active.
Thanks,
Tim

I have a Flex 6700. Sometimes.....when I have more than two Panadapters open, for example, 3.525 and 7.025, If I click on Panadapter B to move frequency, and couple of seconds later it shifts Panadapter to the new frequency also.....a few minutes ago, without any intervention by me, Panadapter A changed to the frequency on Panadapter B This only occurs when commander is active.

+ In FlexRadio's SmartSDR, panadaptors are not named. In a 6700, there are 8 slices named A though H, each of which function as a VFO. DXLab treats slices A and B as VFOs A and B in a traditional transceiver; it ignores the other slices.

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. configure SmartSDR to display two panadaptors, one showing Slice A (VFO A) at 3.525, and the other showing Slice B (VFO B) at 7.025

2. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

3. terminate Commander

4. start Commander, and wait for Commander to fully initialize

5. replicate the behavior in which clicking on Slice B to move its frequency causes Slice A's frequency to change; when you've replicated this behavior, please make no further changes to either Slice A or Slice B's frequencies.

6. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Also, is there any plan to allow Commander to work with multiple panadapters open? For example if I click on a spot in spot collector it always changes the frequency on Panadapter A even when it is not active.

+ Double-clicking the Spot Database Entry always sets Slice A's frequency to the Entry's frequency unless the Entry's station is working split, in which case Slice A is set to the Entry's transmit frequency, Slice B is set to the Entry's most recently reported receive frequency, and Split is enabled.

+ I am not aware of any operating scenario in which it would be advantageous to use Slices other than A and B for this purpose; I've been using a Flex 6500 for several years. I am aware of scenarios in which using exploiting additional slices would be helpful, for Flex owners with the necessary antennas and feedlines:

1. enable PropView to monitor the NXDXF beacon network using Slice C in parallel with "normal" operation using Slices A and B.

2. enable one or more instances of WSJT-X to monitor multiple K1JT mode sub-bands, each using a Slice other than A and B.

+ Only a fraction of DXLab users employ Flex Signature radios, and only a fraction of those ops have the necessary antenna and feedlines necessary to safely support simultaneous reception on several bands. Combining that with the fact that there have been few if any requests for this functionality yields a relatively low priority.

Tim, I received the errorlog you sent me, analyzed it, and sent you a response -- but my message was rejected as undeliverable.

You had reported that "If I click on Panadapter B to move frequency, and couple of seconds later it shifts Panadapter to the new frequency also.....a few minutes ago, without any intervention by me, Panadapter A changed to the frequency on Panadapter B This only occurs when commander is active"

The errorlog you captured of this happening shows that Commander sent no frequency change commands to your transceiver.

+ AA6YQ comments below