Commander 1544 Troubles

Den W2DEN

Edited

Commander version 1544 does not exit correctly. Every time I close it, either with Launcher Terminate or directly it hangs up and will not close. Task Manager can close it at times but I have found a reboot may be required to terminate it. Switching back to Version 1516 and everything works as it should.
I tried the Launcher Restore and have the same issue. Close Commander and reopening it results in the message "CI-V Commander is already running on this pc"
Back to 15.16
PS The Commander ErrorLog.txt
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > CI-V Commander version 15.4.4
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > App.Path          : C:\DXLab\Commander
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > App.exe           : CI-V Commander
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > Module            : C:\DXLab\Commander\CI-V Commander.exe
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > Operating System  : Windows 10 Home (64-bit) build 19044
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > Locale ID         : 1033 (0x409)
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > ANSI CodePage     : 1252
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > OEM CodePage      : 437
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > Country           : United States
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > Language          : English
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > DecimalSeparator  : .
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > ThousandSeparator : ,
2022-07-18 11:41:06     > DXLab Apps        :
2022-07-18 11:41:13     > Monitors          : 2
2022-07-18 11:41:13     > Monitor 1
2022-07-18 11:41:13     >    width          : 1920
2022-07-18 11:41:13     >    height         : 1080
2022-07-18 11:41:13     >    dimensions     : (0, 0)-(1920, 1080)
2022-07-18 11:41:13     > Monitor 2
2022-07-18 11:41:13     >    width          : 1920
2022-07-18 11:41:13     >    height         : 1080
2022-07-18 11:41:13     >    dimensions     : (-1920, 0)-(0, 1080)
2022-07-18 11:41:13.738 > program error 62 in module CIVModule.LoadSequence: Input past end of file
2022-07-18 11:41:14.055 > program error 62 in module CIVModule.LoadSequence: Input past end of file
2022-07-18 11:41:35.272 > Common.Terminate: CI-V Commander shutdown
Den

nk4l

Same here I have to control alt delete or re-boot all the time, haven't been able to fix issue.

--
jose gonzalez

Joe Subich, W4TV

Have you turned CIV Transceive OFF in your Icom rig?

On 2022-07-18 7:43 AM, Den W2DEN wrote:
Commander version 1544 does not exit correctly. Every time I close it, either with Launcher Terminate or directly it hangs up and will not close. Task Manager can close it at times but I have found a reboot may be required to terminate it. Switching back to Version 1516 and everything works as it should.
I tried the Launcher Restore and have the same issue. Close Commander and reopening it results in the message "CI-V Commander is already running on this pc"
Back to 15.16
Den

Den W2DEN

Rig is a Kenwood and it has been working with Commander for many versions.

Version 15.1.6 works as it should.

The problem is with version 15.4.4

On 2022-07-18 7:43 AM, Den W2DEN wrote:
Commander version 1544 does not exit correctly. Every time I close it, either with Launcher Terminate or directly it hangs up and will not close. Task Manager can close it at times but I have found a reboot may be required to terminate it. Switching back to Version 1516 and everything works as it should.
I tried the Launcher Restore and have the same issue. Close Commander and reopening it results in the message "CI-V Commander is already running on this pc"
Back to 15.16
Den

Den W2DEN

Go back a version to 15.1.6 to 'fix' the problem. DXLab keeps all the prior versions in the program's folder so it is easy to copy and old one, delete commander.exe and rename the copied file to commander.exe

Den

On 7/18/2022 9:12 AM, nk4l wrote:
Same here I have to control alt delete or re-boot all the time, haven't been able to fix issue.

On Monday, July 18, 2022 at 07:44:00 AM EDT, Den W2DEN <w2den@...> wrote:

Commander version 1544 does not exit correctly. Every time I close it, either with Launcher Terminate or directly it hangs up and will not close. Task Manager can close it at times but I have found a reboot may be required to terminate it. Switching back to Version 1516 and everything works as it should.
I tried the Launcher Restore and have the same issue. Close Commander and reopening it results in the message "CI-V Commander is already running on this pc"
Back to 15.16
Den

--
jose gonzalez

David Bunte

I realize this does not help in your situation, but I have no such issues with COMMANDER 15.44.

Dave - K9FN

On 7/18/2022 9:12 AM, nk4l wrote:
Same here I have to control alt delete or re-boot all the time, haven't been able to fix issue.

On Monday, July 18, 2022 at 07:44:00 AM EDT, Den W2DEN <w2den@...> wrote:

Commander version 1544 does not exit correctly. Every time I close it, either with Launcher Terminate or directly it hangs up and will not close. Task Manager can close it at times but I have found a reboot may be required to terminate it. Switching back to Version 1516 and everything works as it should.
I tried the Launcher Restore and have the same issue. Close Commander and reopening it results in the message "CI-V Commander is already running on this pc"
Back to 15.16
Den

--
jose gonzalez

Joe Subich, W4TV

Is AutoInformation turned on in your Kenwood rig? If so
turn it off.

The errorlog indicates that Commander is receiving data
that it does not expect.

I do not have this problem with 15.4.4 with an Elecraft K3
(which uses the same control protocol as Kenwood).

On 2022-07-18 7:43 AM, Den W2DEN wrote:
Commander version 1544 does not exit correctly. Every time I close it, either with Launcher Terminate or directly it hangs up and will not close. Task Manager can close it at times but I have found a reboot may be required to terminate it. Switching back to Version 1516 and everything works as it should.
I tried the Launcher Restore and have the same issue. Close Commander and reopening it results in the message "CI-V Commander is already running on this pc"
Back to 15.16
Den

Den W2DEN

No such setting in the Kenwood TS-2000. This rig has worked with Commander for many years without issue. No changes have been made except to upgrade Commander to 15.4.4. Returning to a prior version resolves the issue.

Thanks for the reply

73 Den

On 2022-07-18 10:18 AM, Den W2DEN wrote:
No such setting in the Kenwood TS-2000.
Not true. From the CAT command description:

AI (Auto Information)> 0: AI OFF
1: Only old AI format is ON
2: Only extended AI format is ON
3: Both formats are ON
When the extended AI format is selected, the transceiver
automatically sends the parameters.
Page 115, TS-2000 Instruction Manual

On 2022-07-18 7:43 AM, Den W2DEN wrote:
Commander version 1544 does not exit correctly. Every time I close it, either with Launcher Terminate or directly it hangs up and will not close. Task Manager can close it at times but I have found a reboot may be required to terminate it. Switching back to Version 1516 and everything works as it should.
I tried the Launcher Restore and have the same issue. Close Commander and reopening it results in the message "CI-V Commander is already running on this pc"
Back to 15.16
Den

Dave AA6YQ

Commander version 1544 does not exit correctly. Every time I close it, either with Launcher Terminate or directly it hangs up and will not close. Task Manager can close it at times but I have found a reboot may be required to terminate it.

+ When did you first notice this?

Switching back to Version 1516 and everything works as it should.
I tried the Launcher Restore and have the same issue. Close Commander and reopening it results in the message "CI-V Commander is already running on this pc"
Back to 15.16

+ Please reboot Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking", and start Commander 1544. Commander will be unable to communicate with your radio, because no device drivers are loaded when Windows is booted in this way; ignore the error messages that report this.

+ Now terminate Commander; what happens?

2022-07-18 11:41:13.738 > program error 62 in module CIVModule.LoadSequence: Input past end of file
2022-07-18 11:41:14.055 > program error 62 in module CIVModule.LoadSequence: Input past end of file

+ The above errorlog.txt file entries indicate that two of the files containing the user-defined command sequences you have configured Commander to make available have been damaged. Do you have one or more user-defined control sets?

Same here I have to control alt delete or re-boot all the time, haven't been able to fix issue.

+ Please reboot Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking", and start Commander 1544. Commander will be unable to communicate with your radio, because no device drivers are loaded when Windows is booted in this way; ignore the error messages that report this.

+ Now terminate Commander; what happens?

Den W2DEN

Hi Dave,

Thanks for replying....

This started when I updated to 1544. No other changes at that time.

In safe mode Commander responded as expected, no errors.

I removed the user defined control set for the Kenwood and now Commander is function properly. No new error messages in the errorlog.txt file. I do not think I ever created that file?? Seems OK without it and I see no issues running the radio from Commander.

RESOLVED.....

73 Den W2DEN

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 09:23 AM, Den W2DEN wrote:
his started when I updated to 1544. No other changes at that time.

In safe mode Commander responded as expected, no errors.

I removed the user defined control set for the Kenwood and now Commander is function properly. No new error messages in the errorlog.txt file. I do not think I ever created that file?? Seems OK without it and I see no issues running the radio from Commander.

RESOLVED.....

+ Thanks for the report, Den.

+ Commander has no ability to create a user defined control set, so you must have create it.

+ Are you saying that the "doesn't terminate when directed to do so" behavior stopped after you removed the user defined control set?

Den W2DEN

+ Are you saying that the "doesn't terminate when directed to do so" behavior stopped after you removed the user defined control set?

YES... this is now fixed.

Thanks

73 Den