Topics

Commander 14.5.3 is available

Dave AA6YQ

This release

- correctly specifies callsign text and background colors for display on Flex SmartSDR panadaptor (tnx to Rick WR0H)

- prevents an errorlog.txt entry from being generated by SpectrumModule.DisplaySpectrumData state 36

- after a band change with the Spectrum Display in Centered mode, updates the Spectrum Display's  Reference Level with reference to
the correct frequency (tnx to Mike K4PRO and Björn SM7IUN)

- when switching the primary transceiver from a Yaesu FT-736 to another radio, doesn't terminate Commander (tnx to Jim N8SIM)

- when switching the primary transceiver from a Yaesu FT-736 to another radio, waits 50 ms after sending the "stop CAT" command to
the FT-736 before closing the primary CAT port (tnx to Jim N8SIM)

- when controlling an Icom transceiver with Spectrum capabilities, doesn't expect an ACK/NAK response from the "set reference level"
or "set tracking mode" commands, because they may not be sent if "CI-V transceive" is enabled (tnx to Mike K4PRO and Björn SM7IUN)

- when controlling a Flex Signature radio, ensures that the S-meter is displayed above the Main window's VFO (tnx to Keith - AC9S)

- enables the Secondary CAT port to follow the uplink or downlink frequency when connected to SatPC32 (tnx to Joe W4WT)

- enables the Secondary CAT port to follow the uplink or downlink mode when connected to SatPC32 (tnx to Joe W4WT)

- updates the Configuration.htm documentation file

Notes

1. Update your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider this new version of Commander to be "safe"

2. If this upgrade doesn't work correctly, see the "After an Upgrade" section of
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationStoppedWorking>

3. After upgrading, to revert to the previous version of Commander, see
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion>

Commander 14.5.3 is available via the DXLab Launcher and via

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm>

Dave, AA6YQ

f4gwg

Hello to all
a bug appeard with the new version
i use commander to send frequency and mode to sdr uno software via vitual com ports
  since new version this morning  the mode won't change correctly anymore on the sdruno  frequency still ok
i went back to 14.4 and works again now.

73 stay safe

f4gwg

a precision :
commander can see the mode change from the trx but won't update correctly the sdr uno
if i am on usb and switch to lsb it works  . if i am on lsb and switch to usb : no change.

bests 73 Jean-Luc

CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M

did you try config, general, reset ?

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> on behalf of f4gwg <jlbzh@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2020 3:28 AM
To: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DXLab] Commander 14.5.3 is available

a precision :
commander can see the mode change from the trx but won't update correctly the sdr uno
if i am on usb and switch to lsb it works  . if i am on lsb and switch to usb : no change.

bests 73 Jean-Luc

f4gwg

just tried and nothing
back to 14.40

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

a bug appeard with the new version
i use commander to send frequency and mode to sdr uno software via vitual com ports
since new version this morning the mode won't change correctly anymore on the sdruno frequency still ok i went back to 14.4 and works again now.

+ Do you have SDR Uno connected to Commander's Primary CAT Port, or its Secondary CAT Port?

+ What Radio Model is selected on the Configuration window's General tab?

Dave, AA6YQ

f4gwg

the primary is ts-990 connected via physical serial port
the secondary is the sdr uno via virtual comm pair
another device via udp : the linear amp rf2k+

best 73 Jean-luc

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

the primary is ts-990 connected via physical serial port the secondary is the sdr uno via virtual comm pair another device via udp : the linear amp rf2k+

+ Thanks, Jean-luc. You are correct: there is a regression defect in Commander 14.5.3 that prevents the Secondary CAT port from correctly following the Primary transceiver's mode when the Radio Model is not set to "SatPC32". I have corrected this defect, and sent you a corrected version. Please let me know how it goes.

+ This defect is sufficiently serious to merit an immediate public release as soon as Jean-luc confirms its correction, but if anyone else has an urgent need for the corrected version, please send me email via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ