Topics

Commander 14.4.0 is available

Dave AA6YQ

This release

- when controlling a TS-480 or TS-2000 connected to the Secondary CAT port, uses AI0 rather than AI2 to prevent continuous status
reports from the secondary transceiver; please see note 1 below (tnx to Don AD0K)

- waits to interact with the device connected to the secondary CAT port until the primary transceiver has been initialized (tnx to
Don AD0K)

- with the Primary transceiver in Split mode, updates the device connected to the secondary CAT port when the "Follow & Lead
Alternate VFO when Split" option is changed (tnx to Don AD0K)

- with the Primary transceiver in split mode and the Secondary CAT port configured to "lead" or "lead and follow" the primary
transceiver, and with the Secondary CAT port connected to a Kenwood transceiver, and with the "Follow & Lead Alternate VFO when
Split" option enabled, changes to the Secondary transceiver's frequency update the Primary transceiver's Alternate VFO (tnx to Don
AD0K)

- uses the Yaesu FTDX-101's newly-documented FR command to permit selection of the Main and Sub VFOs via new Main and Sub buttons on
Commander's Main window; for consistency, the previous A=B and AxB buttons have been renamed M=S and MxS, respectively (tnx to Björn
SM7IUN, Ivor MM0IEL and Harry DL9NDW)

- when controlling an FTDX-101, the Main window's Filter panel tracks and controls the currently-selected receiver's passband (tnx
to Harry DL9NDW)

- when controlling an FTDX-101, tracks and controls selection of the active VFO (tnx to Harry DL9NDW and Ivor MM0IE)

- provides a substitution string for command-generating sliders that generates a decimal value that is divided by 1000 before being
inserted into the generated command; this can be used to control a Flex panadaptor's bandwidth, for example (tnx to John K1ESE)

- updates the CommandSequences.htm documentation file

Notes

1. Some panadaptor applications emulate a Kenwood TS-2000. When connected to Commander's Secondary CAT port, the change in this
version from AIO or AI2 might adversely impact one or more of these applications. If you observe this, please let me know via
@AA6YQ and I will address it.

2. Update your firewall and anti-malware applications to consider this new version of Commander to be "safe"

3. If this upgrade doesn't work correctly, see the "After an Upgrade" section of
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationStoppedWorking>

4. After upgrading, to revert to the previous version of Commander, see
<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RevertApplicationVersion>

Commander 14.4.0 is available via the DXLab Launcher and via

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm>

n4qwf .

I had my first ever upgrade failure. I tried the new commander upgrade and it hung up and did not update. It just set there and spun. I finally opened the program manager and stopped it.

I reverted to the last version. Now when I try the new upgrade I get a screen that says the upgrade failed an is being aborted.

Not sure why I had this failure.

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 05:27 AM, n4qwf . wrote:
I had my first ever upgrade failure. I tried the new commander upgrade and it hung up and did not update. It just set there and spun. I finally opened the program manager and stopped it.

I reverted to the last version. Now when I try the new upgrade I get a screen that says the upgrade failed an is being aborted.

+ Is there an errorlog.txt file present in your Launcher folder? If so, please attach it to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ If not, please terminate all applications, reboot Windows, start the Launcher, and direct the Launcher to upgrade Commander; any change in outcome?

n4qwf .

Thanks Jeff, that did fix the update problem. I sent you the error file anyway just in case there might be something in there to explain why this happened.

73<<John and HNY

Thanks Jeff, that did fix the update problem. I sent you the error file anyway just in case there might be something in there to explain why this happened.

+ The errorlog you sent me contained several recent examples of this sequence of entries:

05-Jan-2020 13:08:33 > RemotePath = http://www.ambersoft.com/DXLab/Commander/Commander1440Update.exe
05-Jan-2020 13:08:33 > LocalPath = C:\DXLab\Launcher\Downloads\Commander1440Update.exe
05-Jan-2020 13:08:33 > program error in module Install.GetFile: Path/File access error
05-Jan-2020 13:08:33 > Install.Upgrade, download failed

+ For whatever reason, the Launcher was unable to download the new version of Commander. Rebooting Windows evidently corrected whatever was preventing the internet download.

+ I suggest that you delete the errorlog.txt file in your Launcher folder.