Color-coding WSJT-X lost

Andre `- PD2AM <mak.andre@...>

Goodmorning from PA,

First of all , i am a happy user of DXLAB. Switched a few months ago to DXLAb and have to say it works great.
So congrats!!
I use the color-coding from SC into WSJT-X and it work(ed) after the setup for several weeks. As i am still learning and using  DXLAB i must have done something and the color-coding stopped working. In de Bandactivity panel in WSJT-X no colors are shown anymore. Colors in SC are fine.
Checked the setup again with GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect with no result.

Probably is small tiny check-box must be wrong, i haven't found it yet.
Any idea's?

GoodDx  73 André PD2AM

I use the color-coding from SC into WSJT-X and it work(ed) after the setup for several weeks. As i am still learning and using DXLAB i must have done something and the color-coding stopped working. In de Bandactivity panel in WSJT-X no colors are shown anymore. Colors in SC are fine.
Checked the setup again with GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect> with no result.

Probably is small tiny check-box must be wrong, i haven't found it yet.

+ All of the requires settings are specified in

<http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect>

Any idea's?

+ As a first step,

1. terminate all applications

2. shut down Windows

3. restart Windows

4. start SpotCollector

5. start WSJT-X

+ Are the callsigns in WSJT-X color-coded?

Andre `- PD2AM <mak.andre@...>

Hi Dave,

Any idea's?

+ As a first step,

1. terminate all applications

2. shut down Windows

3. restart Windows

4. start SpotCollector

5. start WSJT-X

+ Are the callsigns in WSJT-X color-coded?

Hi Dave,

No color-coded callsigns in WSJT-X after  doing the steps. (no chnges needed btw)

I have noticed the UDF field in the WSJT-X panel in the Spot Sources tab isn't visible anymore.
Maybe this is why there is no connection or is is it changed recently ?

73
André PD2AM

g4wjs

On 19/05/2019 07:41, Andre `- PD2AM wrote:
No color-coded callsigns in WSJT-X after  doing the steps. (no chnges needed btw)

I have noticed the UDF field in the WSJT-X panel in the Spot Sources tab isn't visible anymore.
Maybe this is why there is no connection or is is it changed recently ?
Hi André,

make sure that you are not running WSJT-X as Administrator as that will block communications with other applications. Make sure no other application is set up to communicate with WSJT-X using the WSJT-X UDP protocol, JTAlert for example.

If that does not help; then you can use a tool that comes with WSJT-X to test the UDP message mechanism. Close SpotCollector and open a CMD prompt widow. Start WSJT-X and the WSJT-X message_aggregator application:

  \WSJT\wsjtx\bin\message_aggregator

If everything is correctly configured, after a few seconds, a window reflecting the WSJT-X instance should appear in the MessageAggregator. You must close MessageAggregator to allow WSJT-X to communicate with other applications like SpotCollector.

Bill

G4WJS.

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 11:41 PM, Andre `- PD2AM wrote:

No color-coded callsigns in WSJT-X after  doing the steps. (no chnges needed btw)

I have noticed the UDF field in the WSJT-X panel in the Spot Sources tab isn't visible anymore.
Maybe this is why there is no connection or is is it changed recently ?

+ In the most recent version of SpotCollector, the "Host Address" textbox was removed from the WSJT-X panel on the Configuration window's "Spot Sources" tab because it isn't necessary.

+ Please do the following:

1. on the General tab of SpotCollector's  Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. terminate SpotCollector

3. start WSJT-X if it's not already running, and configure it to decode FT8 transmissions on a band that is open

4. start SpotCollector

5. wait until SpotCollector displays several new Spot Database Entries decoded by your instance of WSJT-X

6.  on the General tab of SpotCollector's  Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your SpotCollector folder to an email message, and send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Luigi G

Good morning from luigi iv3xnf,
same problem also for me identical to that of PD2AM.

73
Luigi
IV3XNF

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 03:21 AM, Luigi G wrote:
Good morning from luigi iv3xnf,
same problem also for me identical to that of PD2AM.

The errorlog.txt file that André PD2AM sent me indicated that the network connection between SpotCollector and WSJT-X was not working correctly.

Is there an errorlog.txt file in your SpotCollector folder? If so, please attach this file to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Jeff, K6JW

I am having the same problem as the reporters above. Has a solution been found? Everything was running properly and now the colors are not picked up by wsjt-x. I tried reinstalling wsjt-x and that didn't help. I've upgraded to 2.3.1 but the problem has persisted. All other aspects of the interface are functional. It's only the colors that are a problem. I'm not using JT Alert.
--Jeff, K6JW

Jeff, K6JW

Need to correct my last previous entry. All other functions are not currently functional. The interface to DXKeeper has failed, as well.
--Jeff, K6JW

I am having the same problem as the reporters above. Has a solution been found?

+ Those reports are 11 months old. They were the result of configuration errors, not software defects.

Everything was running properly and now the colors are not picked up by wsjt-x. I tried reinstalling wsjt-x and that didn't help. I've upgraded to 2.3.1 but the problem has persisted. All other aspects of the interface are functional. It's only the colors that are a problem. I'm not using JT Alert.

+ In your SpotCollector folder, is there a file named errorlog.txt or SC_WSJTX_Errorlog.txt present? If so, please attach it or them to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

+ If neither errorlog file is present, I suggest as a next step that you review the step-by-step instructions in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModesDirect

Jeff, K6JW

Problem is resolved. Something was corrupted on my C drive. Running chkdsk /f /r fixed the problem with all function returning. There was no problem with software setup.

Something was corrupted on my C drive. Running chkdsk /f /r fixed the problem with all function returning.

+ I suggest checking the Windows Event Logs to see how often your hard drive has been failing. Pre-emptive replacement while you can still copy the contents of the current drive to a replacement could save you a lot of time and trouble.