Chromebook

Julio Peralta

Has anyone had any experience using a Chromebook to run DXLabs and maybe a connected radio. They seem to be very inexpensive but they have 3 or 4 USB ports to interface with and the specs didn’t look all that bad.

I’m thinking if they work it would make a very inexpensive small throw away computer for travel.

Julio, W4HY

Buck

They're Linux dumb terminals that must be connected to the cloud to the cloud to operate.  Won't work.

If you want a cheap computer look at refurbs from TigetDirect

Buck, K4IA
DXCC Honor Roll
8BDXCC
Author EasyWayHamBooks.com
On 8/12/2022 4:50 PM, Julio Peralta via groups.io wrote:

Has anyone had any experience using a Chromebook to run DXLabs and maybe a connected radio. They seem to be very inexpensive but they have 3 or 4 USB ports to interface with and the specs didn’t look all that bad.

I’m thinking if they work it would make a very inexpensive small throw away computer for travel.

Julio, W4HY

Gilbert Baron W0MN

BUT, they do not run windows so not possible.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Julio Peralta

I knew there had to be a catch. Thanks for the info.

Julio