Topics

Change in Country Name

Joe Subich, W4TV

Note for all ...

DXKeeper's Check Progress -> DXCC -> Compare is failing.
ARRL have - *WITHOUT ANNOUNCEMENT* changed the name of
Swaziland to "Kingdom of Eswatini" recognizing the country's
official name change.

I will need to produce an update to the DXCC database (and
DXCC.txt for WinWarbler). I will try to get that update
to Dave this weekend for distribution. Its a shame that
ARRL did not do this a month ago so the change could have
been included in the recently released DXCC database 2.6.1.

As Joe W4TV reported earlier today, the ARRL has changed the name of DXCC entity #468 (DXCC prefix 3DA) from "Swaziland" to "Kingdom of Eswatini". The only immediate operational impact of this change is that it breaks DXKeeper's "DXCC Compare" function, which reports discrepancies between the DXCC award credits reflected in our logged QSOs and your DXCC record as downloaded from the ARRL web site.

To correct this,

1. terminate DXKeeper

2. download the file from

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/DXCCVerification.txt>

and save it to DXKeeper's Databases folder, replacing the existing DXCCVerification.txt file

3. start DXKeeper

The updated DXCCVerification.txt file will be included in the next version of DXKeeper.

73,

Daev, AA6YQ

I will need to produce an update to the DXCC database (and DXCC.txt for WinWarbler). I will try to get that update to Dave this weekend for distribution.

+ Your call, Joe, but I don't think this change merits an immediate DXCC Database update.

Joe Subich, W4TV

OK, I agree. The only reason for the quick new version
would have been to fix compare (I forgot about the
DXCCVerification file).

+ AA6YQ comments below