Topics

Card credits

Stan Gammons

It's been a while since I visited this topic, but a while back I performed a card submission and filled out the online application so I could get a card checker to check some cards. No sooner than I filled out the online application I received more cards that I wanted to have checked. The card checker told me I could just write them in on the application and he was correct. Writing them in on the application worked. The ones I wrote in on the application were confirmed by the DXCC desk and I received the report from the ARRL a few weeks after the card checker sent the paperwork in. It has been a while since I've done this and I had forgotten you have to download the credits in order for them to be recognized as confirmed...  After doing that I have a couple of questions. The DXCC Credit download report indicates it downloaded 38 card credits. So, I assume this is all of the cards I've had checked and were confirmed by the DXCC desk?  Yet my DXCC progress report seems to think I have 115 cards. Is there anyway to see what the difference is in the reports and fix it so they match?  Or is it best to not worry about it?  Also the DXCC credit autolink report shows I have 1 credit already marked as a duplicate. Is there a way to find out which credit is the duplicate?

73

Stan
KM4HQE

It's been a while since I visited this topic, but a while back I performed a card submission and filled out the online application so I could get a card checker to check some cards. No sooner than I filled out the online application I received more cards that I wanted to have checked. The card checker told me I could just write them in on the application and he was correct. Writing them in on the application worked. The ones I wrote in on the application were confirmed by the DXCC desk and I received the report from the ARRL a few weeks after the card checker sent the paperwork in. It has been a while since I've done this and I had forgotten you have to download the credits in order for them to be recognized as confirmed...

+ If you used DXKeeper to generate the application and all of your submitted QSOs were granted DXCC credit, then one mouse click will "promote" the submitted QSOs to reflect "DXCC Credit Granted". This is step 10 in the "Generating a QSL Card Submission" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GenerateSubmission>

After doing that I have a couple of questions. The DXCC Credit download report indicates it downloaded 38 card credits. So, I assume this is all of the cards I've had checked and were confirmed by the DXCC desk? Yet my DXCC progress report seems to think I have 115 cards.

+ To what "DXCC progress report" are you referring?

Is there anyway to see what the difference is in the reports and fix it so they match?

+ That depends on the reports you are comparing.

+ I suggest that you start by invoking DXKeeper's "DXCC Compare" function, which compares what's in our log with what's in your ARRL DXCC Record, and lists any discrepancies:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/IdentifyDXCCCreditDiscrepancies>

Or is it best to not worry about it? Also the DXCC credit autolink report shows I have 1 credit already marked as a duplicate. Is there a way to find out which credit is the duplicate?

+ In the "Dup" panel on the "DXCC Credits Granted" window, uncheck the No box and check the Yes box. This will filter the list of DXCC credits to show only those marked as "Duplicate".

Stan Gammons

Hi Dave,

On 9/10/19 12:32 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ If you used DXKeeper to generate the application and all of your submitted QSOs were granted DXCC credit, then one mouse click will "promote" the submitted QSOs to reflect "DXCC Credit Granted". This is step 10 in the "Generating a QSL Card Submission" section of

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GenerateSubmission>
Ok.  Guess I did it the hard way...  Thanks for that.

After doing that I have a couple of questions. The DXCC Credit download report indicates it downloaded 38 card credits. So, I assume this is all of the cards I've had checked and were confirmed by the DXCC desk? Yet my DXCC progress report seems to think I have 115 cards.

+ To what "DXCC progress report" are you referring?
The report that's generated when you click "progress" on DXCC, Challenge & Toplist. The card column on the confirmed line of that report has 115.

Is there anyway to see what the difference is in the reports and fix it so they match?

+ That depends on the reports you are comparing.

+ I suggest that you start by invoking DXKeeper's "DXCC Compare" function, which compares what's in our log with what's in your ARRL DXCC Record, and lists any discrepancies:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/IdentifyDXCCCreditDiscrepancies>
It says no discrepancies were found.

Or is it best to not worry about it? Also the DXCC credit autolink report shows I have 1 credit already marked as a duplicate. Is there a way to find out which credit is the duplicate?

+ In the "Dup" panel on the "DXCC Credits Granted" window, uncheck the No box and check the Yes box. This will filter the list of DXCC credits to show only those marked as "Duplicate".
That shows a Q with V26B. Unsure why it thinks it's a dupe though. QSL is Y, rcvd is blank. LotW is Y and rcvd is V.

73

Stan
KM4HQE

Dave AA6YQ

* more AA6YQ comments below

snip<
+ To what "DXCC progress report" are you referring?
The report that's generated when you click "progress" on DXCC, Challenge & Toplist. The card column on the confirmed line of that report has 115.

* That means you have 115 QSOs confirmed via QSL card.

* The "verified" line of that report shows the number of QSL cards to which DXCC credit has been granted.

Is there anyway to see what the difference is in the reports and fix it so they match?

+ That depends on the reports you are comparing.

+ I suggest that you start by invoking DXKeeper's "DXCC Compare" function, which compares what's in our log with what's in your ARRL DXCC Record, and lists any discrepancies:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/IdentifyDXCCCreditDiscrepancies>
It says no discrepancies were found.

* Then from a "DXCC credits granted" perspective, your log matches your ARRL DXCC Record.

* "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".

Or is it best to not worry about it? Also the DXCC credit autolink report shows I have 1 credit already marked as a duplicate. Is there a way to find out which credit is the duplicate?

+ In the "Dup" panel on the "DXCC Credits Granted" window, uncheck the No box and check the Yes box. This will filter the list of DXCC credits to show only those marked as "Duplicate".
That shows a Q with V26B. Unsure why it thinks it's a dupe though. QSL is Y, rcvd is blank. LotW is Y and rcvd is V.

* See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/DuplicateDXCCCredits>

Stan Gammons

On 9/10/19 1:15 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
* more AA6YQ comments below

It says no discrepancies were found.

* Then from a "DXCC credits granted" perspective, your log matches your ARRL DXCC Record.

* "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".
Yep. Best to leave it all as is :)

73

Stan