Topics

Cant Get JTAlert B4 and DXK log in Synch

I am running all the DXLab programs, WSJT-X, and JTAlert on vy fast w10 64b computer, all current versions. This may a JTAlert issue but since I am much
more familiar with DXLab thought I would try here first.

My understanding is that when running JTAlert, using DXK for logging, that all B4 lookups use the DXK file ( my case 100k contacts, 5k WSJT-X), and the results are
color coded and  displayed in the WSJT-X Band Activity window as well as the JTAlert window according to the JTAlert Alert setup.

I cannot get the WSJT-X main Band Activity window, the JTAlert window and DXKeeper to give same B4 results. Using the DXK file as
the file of record, I often find I have to search DXK to see if a B4 by band/mode is correct and often they are not the same as the WSJT-x
Band Activity window. In all cases they are in DXK but not reflected as B4 in WSJT-X. I have read the JTAlert documentation and have in an effort
to identify the problem have reduced my
Alerts to:  Own Call
                 CQ
                  Worked B4

and still get inconsistent results.  I tried setting JTAlert Alerts/Filters 'Do Not show B4 callsigns"  and still get many B4 errors.

I thought about going back to just using the WSJT-X system using the WSJT-X adif file as fthef ile of record but will miss all the great features
of JT-Alert. If I dont understand this B4 problem there is no use in using the more advanced Alert features of JTAlert.

Anyone got ideas? Probably some of my assumptions are incorrect.

73  Roger N3RC

[...]

+ JTAlert's award tracking does not using DXLab's Realtime Award Tracking mechanism. I suggest that you describe this issue in the JT-Alert support group.

Dave

TU for reply. Not worrying about awards, just trying to get JTAlert /WSJT-X B4 using DXK file as basis consistent.
As I have told u b4, love DXLab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73  Roger N3RC

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 4:24 PM n3rcn3rc <@N3RC> wrote:

I am running all the DXLab programs, WSJT-X, and JTAlert on vy fast w10 64b computer, all current versions. This may a JTAlert issue but since I am much
more familiar with DXLab thought I would try here first.

My understanding is that when running JTAlert, using DXK for logging, that all B4 lookups use the DXK file
No; JTAlert uses its own log for that. You can update JTAlert's log
from your DXKeeper log database by pointing JTAlert to the MDB file
(Settings -> Logging -> DXLab DXKeeper) and then invoking Settings ->
"Scan Log and Rebuild ...". You would want to do that after any
pertinent changes have been made to your DXKeeper log, other than QSOs
logged via JTAlert, including things like LoTW QSL syncs that result
in new confirmations.

Note also that JTAlert has its own definition of what's "Wanted" - it
does not use DXKeeper's award objectives.

73,

~iain / N6ML