Topics

Cannot Spot on 60m

Nick Maslon

Hi all,

I tried sending a spot for E31A on 5357 through SpotCollector and received the error that 5357 KHz is not a valid spot frequency. I telnetted into K1TTT and it went fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Nick K1NZ

I tried sending a spot for E31A on 5357 through SpotCollector and received the error that 5357 KHz is not a valid spot frequency. I telnetted into K1TTT and it went fine. Any thoughts?

+ Near the bottom of the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, you've specified a Sub-band definition file. Please open this file with Notepad (or a text editor of your choice). What sub-bands are defined for 60m?

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SubbandDefinitions>

Nick Maslon

Hi Dave,

I haven't modified anything. I've pasted the contents of the file. I assume the fix is as easy as adding the channel bounds for 60m. Is there an updated version somewhere with the FT8 bands that's premade that I can use?

After a moment's thought put into this file, I'm a little weirded out that 30m is entirely CW. No love for digi?

Thanks,
Nick K1NZ

1800,1840,CW,160M
1840,2000,LSB,160M
3500,3750,CW,80M
3750,4000,LSB,80M
7000,7150,CW,40M
7150,7300,LSB,40M
10100,10150,CW,30M
14000,14070,CW,20M
14070,14090,RTTY,20M
14090,14150,CW,20M
14150,14350,USB,20M
18068,18110,CW,17M
18110,18168,USB,17M
21000,21070,CW,15M
21070,21110,RTTY,15M
21110,21200,CW,15M
21200,21450,USB,15M
24890,24930,CW,12M
24930,24990,USB,12M
28000,28070,CW,10M
28070,28110,RTTY,10M
28110,28300,CW,10M
28300,29000,USB,10M
29000,29700,FM,10M
50000,50100,CW,6M
50100,50300,USB,6M
50300,54000,FM,6M
70000,71000,CW,4M
144000,144300,USB,2M
144300,148000,FM,2M
222000,225000,FM,1.25M
420000,450000,FM,70CM
902000,928000,FM,33CM
1240000,1300000,FM,23CM
2400000,2600000,FM,12CM

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 11:20 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I tried sending a spot for E31A on 5357 through SpotCollector and received the error that 5357 KHz is not a valid spot frequency. I telnetted into K1TTT and it went fine. Any thoughts?

+ Near the bottom of the General tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, you've specified a Sub-band definition file. Please open this file with Notepad (or a text editor of your choice). What sub-bands are defined for 60m?

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SubbandDefinitions>

I haven't modified anything. I've pasted the contents of the file. I assume the fix is as easy as adding the channel bounds for 60m. Is there an updated version somewhere with the FT8 bands that's premade that I can use?

After a moment's thought put into this file, I'm a little weirded out that 30m is entirely CW. No love for digi?

+ Take a look at the file

BandModes 2019-05-02.txt

+ in your SpotCollector folder, make whatever changes you deem appropriate, and save those changes. Then use SpotCollector's "Sub-band Definition" panel to Select the modified file.

Nick Maslon

Thanks for the help Dave. I think that worked. I haven't sent out a spot yet but the list is way more extensive than the one I was using. I'll keep you guys informed if I still have issues.

Many thanks,
Nick K1NZ

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 12:03 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
I haven't modified anything. I've pasted the contents of the file. I assume the fix is as easy as adding the channel bounds for 60m. Is there an updated version somewhere with the FT8 bands that's premade that I can use?

After a moment's thought put into this file, I'm a little weirded out that 30m is entirely CW. No love for digi?

+ Take a look at the file

BandModes 2019-05-02.txt

+ in your SpotCollector folder, make whatever changes you deem appropriate, and save those changes. Then use SpotCollector's "Sub-band Definition" panel to Select the modified file.

Carl - WC4H

My  2019-05-02.txt file does show FT8 as well as FT4.

73.
Carl - WC4H