Topics

Can Writing of Spots to Flex be Quickly Temporarily Suspended and Quickly restarted ?

Russ Ravella

Hi Dave,
I'm running DXL with a Flex 6600.  Perhaps my favorite feature of DXL is SC and perhaps my favorite feature of SC is it's ability to write spots directly to my Maestro and/or SSDR panifalls.  However, every once in awhile I'd like to temporarily suspended that.  For example, sometimes I'd like to see spots generated by CW Skimmer but they are usually quickly overwritten by SC.  I'd like to have access to all the other functions in DXL - including seeing my filtered incoming spots on SC's display - during this time, then be able to re-engage spot writing quickly when I've seen what I wanted to see from CW Skimmer.  Is there a way to do that ?
Thanks,
Russ, KR6W

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm running DXL with a Flex 6600. Perhaps my favorite feature of DXL is SC and perhaps my favorite feature of SC is it's ability to write spots directly to my Maestro and/or SSDR panifalls. However, every once in awhile I'd like to temporarily suspended that. For example, sometimes I'd like to see spots generated by CW Skimmer but they are usually quickly overwritten by SC. I'd like to have access to all the other functions in DXL - including seeing my filtered incoming spots on SC's display - during this time, then be able to re-engage spot writing quickly when I've seen what I wanted to see from CW Skimmer. Is there a way to do that ?

+ Yes: uncheck the "Display calls on panadaptor" box near the upper left corner of the Bandspread tab of Commander's Configuration window.

Dave, AA6YQ

Russ Ravella

That’s it ! Excellent. Thanks as always !
Russ, KR6W

On Jul 26, 2020, at 8:02 PM, Dave AA6YQ <@AA6YQ> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I'm running DXL with a Flex 6600. Perhaps my favorite feature of DXL is SC and perhaps my favorite feature of SC is it's ability to write spots directly to my Maestro and/or SSDR panifalls. However, every once in awhile I'd like to temporarily suspended that. For example, sometimes I'd like to see spots generated by CW Skimmer but they are usually quickly overwritten by SC. I'd like to have access to all the other functions in DXL - including seeing my filtered incoming spots on SC's display - during this time, then be able to re-engage spot writing quickly when I've seen what I wanted to see from CW Skimmer. Is there a way to do that ?

+ Yes: uncheck the "Display calls on panadaptor" box near the upper left corner of the Bandspread tab of Commander's Configuration window.

Dave, AA6YQ