Topics

Can I save the SC Spot Database Display's layout to a file?

John W1JA

I can save DXKeeper's Log Page Display layout to a file for easy transfer to a new PC, to have different layouts, or to restore in case I mess something up.

I can't find equivalent functionality for SpotCollector's Spot Database Display. Does it exist?

73, John W1JA

I can save DXKeeper's Log Page Display layout to a file for easy transfer to a new PC, to have different layouts, or to restore in case I mess something up.

I can't find equivalent functionality for SpotCollector's Spot Database Display. Does it exist?

+ Yes. See

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#Save%20Log%20Page%20Display%20configuration%20file>

+ and

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm#Select%20Log%20Page%20Display%20configuration%20file>

+ Consider saving all of your settings to a Workspace so that they can easily be restored on your new computer:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/MovingBetweenPCs>

Apologies, I misread your post.

SpotCollector does not provide the ability to save a "Spot Database Display Layout" file, as DXKeeper can do for the Log Page Display.

However, you can direct the Launcher to save all of SpotCollector's settings to a Workspace, which can be moved to your new computer and restored.

If you're moving to a new computer, however, I would think that you would want to save and restore all of your DXLab settings and files:

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/MovingBetweenPCs>

John W1JA

Dave,

Transferring my SC settings via Workspace worked perfectly.

73 and thanks!
John W1JA