Can I correct an eQSL error?

Marv Stasak

Several months ago, I set up DXLab on a new computer.  When I did that, I didn't set up the automatic upload of QSO's to eQSL correctly so nothing was going there and I didn't notice it until recently. eQSL isn't very important to me but I know a lot of guys like it so I've simply uploaded the QSO info as a courtesy.  Since it was going automatically, no big deal,but since it isn't very important to me I simply don't pay much attention to it and didn't notice the absence for quite a while.  In an attempt to catch up on all the QSOs that I had not uploaded, I figured I could just upload an ADIF file with the missing QSOs from my log.  I generated an ADIF file figuring I could sort it for the unsent QSOs and then upload that file to eQSL.cc.  However, it seems that when I generated the ADIF file I did a universal reset of all of the eQSL  "date sents" to today's date!  How should I correct that?  Simply replace the log file with yesterday's log file?  If so, is there a procedure I should follow?

In addition, how can I sort for just those weeks I missed?

Marv, N8HZM

Several months ago, I set up DXLab on a new computer. When I did that, I didn't set up the automatic upload of QSO's to eQSL correctly so nothing was going there and I didn't notice it until recently. eQSL isn't very important to me but I know a lot of guys like it so I've simply uploaded the QSO info as a courtesy. Since it was going automatically, no big deal,but since it isn't very important to me I simply don't pay much attention to it and didn't notice the absence for quite a while. In an attempt to catch up on all the QSOs that I had not uploaded, I figured I could just upload an ADIF file with the missing QSOs from my log. I generated an ADIF file figuring I could sort it for the unsent QSOs and then upload that file to eQSL.cc.

+ You could have accomplished that by using the Main window's QSL tab:

1. set the "QSL Via" panel to eQSL

2. click the "Add Requested" button; this would have populated the QSL Queue will all logged QSOs not yet submitted to eQSL

3. click the "Upload to eQSL" button

However, it seems that when I generated the ADIF file I did a universal reset of all of the eQSL "date sents" to today's date!

+ That's correct behavior.

How should I correct that? Simply replace the log file with yesterday's log file? If so, is there a procedure I should follow?

+ Before I explain how to correct the situation, did you log any new QSOs between yesterday's log file and today?

In addition, how can I sort for just those weeks I missed?

+ The word "sort" means "to place in a specified order".

+ What you're seeking is the ability to "filter" the Log Page Display to contain a specific subset of QSOs -- in this case, " for just those weeks I missed". That's described here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/FilterLog.htm

Marv Stasak

<Before I explain how to correct the situation, did you log any new QSOs between yesterday's log file and today?>

No. Propagation was lousy for me in the morning so I was just doing some QSLs that's why I noticed the absence of the eQSLs.

Marv, N8HZM

<Before I explain how to correct the situation, did you log any new QSOs between yesterday's log file and today?>

No. Propagation was lousy for me in the morning so I was just doing some QSLs that's why I noticed the absence of the eQSLs.

+ OK. Please do the following:

1. on the Configuration window's Log tab, note

1a. your log file's pathname

1b. the location of your Backup folder

2. terminate DXKeeper

3. rename your log file by appending the word -abandoned, e.g.

N8HZM-abandoned.mdb

4. Make a copy of most recent log backup file, rename this copy

N8HZ.mdb

and move it to the folder that contains

N8HZM-abandoned.mdb

5.Start DXKeeper, and confirm that all of your QSOs are present in the Log Page Display

6. on the Main window's QSL tab,

6a. set the "QSL Via" panel to eQSL

6b. click the "Add Requested" button; this will populate the QSL Queue will all logged QSOs not yet submitted to eQSL

6c click the "Upload to eQSL" button

Marv Stasak

That worked very nicely. Thank you, Dave!

73,

Marv, N8HZM