Callsign/Location corrections to old, already uploaded to LOTW Qs

Ben Coleman NJ8J

As I mentioned in another email, I'm doing some cleanup after having switched over to the DXLab Suite a couple of months ago. I've got 4 callsigns in my logs: NJ8J, KA8DTD, WB8TZG, and WN8TZG. The Qs for WN8TZG, WB8TZG, KA8DTD, and many of those for NJ8J were originally transcribed from paper logs into my old custom PostgreSQL database. I had command-line programs back then to export ADIF files for upload to LOTW. I did an ADIF export from that database into Swisslog, then after deciding Swisslog wasn't what I wanted, did an ADIF dump from Swisslog to import into DXLabs. Thus, upon import into DXLabs, they had all already been uploaded to LOTW, and were marked that way in the logs.

I have since discovered that back during the process of transcribing from paper, some of the WN8TZG and WB8TZG Qs were transcribed with the wrong call and/or location. I still have valid LOTW certs for them, so I can upload the changes to LOTW. I assume the procedure for this would be:

1. Make the corrections to the particular Qs
2. Set the corrected Qs as though they hadn't been uploaded to LOTW
3. Upload the affected callsign/locations to LOTW.

I'm assuming that Qs with a location change will have the change updated in LOTW's records, and Qs with a callsign change will upload as new Qs, which is ok because the old, incorrect Qs won't match from the other side anyway.

Am I missing anything?

At this point, I'm glad WN8TZG and WB8TZG Qs weren't uploaded to Clublog yet, as that would just confuse things further if they were.

Ben
--
Ben Coleman nj8j@benshome.net
"I love the way Microsoft follows standards. In much the

I have since discovered that back during the process of transcribing from paper, some of the WN8TZG and WB8TZG Qs were transcribed with the wrong call and/or location. I still have valid LOTW certs for them, so I can upload the changes to LOTW. I assume the procedure for this would be:

1. Make the corrections to the particular Qs 2. Set the corrected Qs as though they hadn't been uploaded to LOTW 3. Upload the affected callsign/locations to LOTW.

I'm assuming that Qs with a location change will have the change updated in LOTW's records, and Qs with a callsign change will upload as new Qs, which is ok because the old, incorrect Qs won't match from the other side anyway.

+ Correct.