Topics

Call sign Look-ups are faster - Windows 10 Update...from W1EBM

Gary Smetana

Hi Dave & the gang,

Past several months:

With DXview Open, look-up of call signs took >5 seconds.  Ugh.

To get a fast look-up (i.e., <2 seconds), I'd keep DXview Closed.

Did lots of work, to investigate how/if malware was causing this delay.    Never found anything.

Starting last week, now get rapid look-ups of call signs (<2 seconds)  with DXview Open.   Very nice.

Seems to coincide with a big Windows 10 Update last week.  Whatever, I'll take it !

Did other DXlab users get this faster Look-up speed ?

73,
Gary W1EBM

Past several months:

With DXview Open, look-up of call signs took >5 seconds.  Ugh.

To get a fast look-up (i.e., <2 seconds), I'd keep DXview Closed.

Did lots of work, to investigate how/if malware was causing this delay.    Never found anything.

+ In a situation where you've ruled out interference from applications automatically started by Windows when its booted normally (by booting Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking) and still experience an operation that performs more slowly than expected,

1.configure the application so you can replicate the slow operation

2. on the Configuration window's General tab, check the "log debugging info" box

3. replicate the slow operation

4. on the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "log debugging info" box

5. compose an email message describing the slow operation

6. attach the errorlog.txt file from the application's folder to the email message you composed in step 5, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com