Calendar Plugin?


Rory Griffin, W4RJG
 

Hi all,
      Love seeing all the help going on.  I have an ic7100 and find win4icom works well with DxLabs.  Another software is ic7100bkt.  Not as feature rich, and graphics work but not as smooth.  It has some features win4icom has or work better.  But can't run both at the same time.  In plain english one looks at everything in MHz and the other in KHz.  drats! (No, not D-Rats). 
     So the reason I am here.  IC7100BKT has a calendar event feature.  So I can have the radio ready to switch to a net with all the settings in place.  And a warning before the switch.  Is anyone aware of something like that to communicate with Commander is like fashion?  Or some way to communicate to ic7100 via some other control software.  Need to go cheap.  Free like DxLabs and all the attachments running in and out through it is best :).  Thanking you in advance for trying even if the result is no.

73  Rory W4RJG


Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

Love seeing all the help going on. I have an ic7100 and find win4icom works well with DxLabs. Another software is ic7100bkt. Not as feature rich, and graphics work but not as smooth. It has some features win4icom has or work better. But can't run both at the same time. In plain english one looks at everything in MHz and the other in KHz. drats! (No, not D-Rats).

So the reason I am here. IC7100BKT has a calendar event feature. So I can have the radio ready to switch to a net with all the settings in place. And a warning before the switch.

+ Commander provides 100 memories (organized as 10 banks of 10 memories) that you can use to store the frequency, mode, and name for each of your nets. One click will QSY your radio to a saved frequency and mode:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/UsingMemories.htm

+ Here's an example of one memory bank being used to provide one-click access to 10 nets:

www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/NetMemoryBank.jpg

+ The "Memory notes" are sufficiently capacious to display a time and day-of-the-week for each net, as well as each net's name.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Rory Griffin, W4RJG
 

Dave,
while it is not the automatic switching I was looking for it is a very good way to organize all my Nets. Thank you very much.

73 Rory W4RJG


Joe Subich, W4TV
 

On 2022-09-16 11:32 AM, Rory Griffin, W4RJG wrote:

while it is not the automatic switching I was looking for it is a
very good way to organize all my Nets.
You might try configuring Commander's Secondary CAT Serial Port to
use Icom protocol with the 7100 CAT Address and configure it to
"Follow and Lead primary". Create a virtual "null modem" (linked
pair of ports) one port to Commander's Secondary CAT Serial Port
and the other to IC7100BKT. That *may* allow IC7100BKT to control
frequency/mode/etc. of your 7100.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-09-16 11:32 AM, Rory Griffin, W4RJG wrote:
Dave,
while it is not the automatic switching I was looking for it is a very good way to organize all my Nets. Thank you very much.
73 Rory W4RJG


Rory Griffin, W4RJG
 

Joe,
      Thank you!  I just 'learned' about the 2ndary CAT via 'Integrating the Programs for Digital Modes by John Price WA2FZW' pdf.  So your timing is excellent.
Rory  W4RJG


Joe Subich, W4TV
 

I don't know why one would need the Secondary CAT Serial Port
for digital modes. Most modes are covered by applications that
directly cooperate with DXLab Suite (DXKeeper, SpotCollector,
and Commander). Other than trying to slave a SDR (second receiver)
to Commander there should be no need for the Secondary CAT Serial
port with digital applications.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-09-17 11:22 AM, Rory Griffin, W4RJG wrote:
Joe,
Thank you!  I just 'learned' about the 2ndary CAT via 'Integrating the Programs for Digital Modes by John Price WA2FZW' pdf.  So your timing is excellent.
Rory  W4RJG


Rory Griffin, W4RJG
 

Joe,
     Not a need BECAUSE it is digital.  But INTEROPERABILITY amongst various programs supporting direct radio read/writes or supporting the operator like logging and tracking.  The article I mentioned tried to get 3 to work together but one won't play.  Object Oriented Programming is great.  But if the instances are not designed to work together with shared message design, they can clash.  Having the secondary CAT control provides that second piping without interfering with the primary pipe.  In this case, Commander does that internally since is class instances are designed to work in tandem for the common cause.
Rory W4RJG


Dave AA6YQ
 

+ AA6YQ comments below

Not a need BECAUSE it is digital. But INTEROPERABILITY amongst various programs supporting direct radio read/writes or supporting the operator like logging and tracking. The article I mentioned tried to get 3 to work together but one won't play. Object Oriented Programming is great. But if the instances are not designed to work together with shared message design, they can clash. Having the secondary CAT control provides that second piping without interfering with the primary pipe. In this case, Commander does that internally since is class instances are designed to work in tandem for the common cause.

+ Interoperability is accomplished with programmatic interfaces.

+ Object orientation has nothing to do with it; there are no classes or class instances in DXLab. Modularity is the driving architectural force.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ


Bill Pence
 

Ok. My google-fu is failing me.

Where is the article available?
Trues several search strings 
I found his github but have not found this article.

Thanks...


On Sat, Sep 17, 2022, 12:22 PM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

I don't know why one would need the Secondary CAT Serial Port
for digital modes.  Most modes are covered by applications that
directly cooperate with DXLab Suite (DXKeeper, SpotCollector,
and Commander).  Other than trying to slave a SDR (second receiver)
to Commander there should be no need for the Secondary CAT Serial
port with digital applications.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-09-17 11:22 AM, Rory Griffin, W4RJG wrote:
> Joe,
> Thank you!  I just 'learned' about the 2ndary CAT via 'Integrating the Programs for Digital Modes by John Price WA2FZW' pdf.  So your timing is excellent.
> Rory  W4RJG
>
>








Ron Rossi
 

Google-fu 2.0....Seems to be this is the reference....https://groups.io/g/FT-891/message/957. I have not subscribed to verify.
--
73 es God Bless de Ron KK1L <><
KK1L.COM


Bill Pence
 

Thank you!


On Mon, Sep 19, 2022, 8:52 AM Ron Rossi <kk1l@...> wrote:
Google-fu 2.0....Seems to be this is the reference....https://groups.io/g/FT-891/message/957. I have not subscribed to verify.
--
73 es God Bless de Ron KK1L <><
KK1L.COM