Busted Link-IARU on DXLab/DXKeeper/Help/Contesting.htm page

Jim McPhee

Hi Dave,

Reporting a Busted Link

file:///C:/DXLab/DXKeeper/Help/Contesting.htm
Contest ID=IARU-HF
Cabrillo Template column link IARU  to https://wwrof.org/cabrillo/iaru.txt returns:

 "Not Found Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help."

Thank you for everything you do!
--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM

Reporting a Busted Link

file:///C:/DXLab/DXKeeper/Help/Contesting.htm
Contest ID=IARU-HF
Cabrillo Template column link IARU to https://wwrof.org/cabrillo/iaru.txt returns:

"Not Found Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help."

+ Thanks, Jim. I don't see a replacement page that describes the Cabrillo template for IARU contests, so I'm going to leave the link broken for now.

Jim McPhee

Edited

Hi Dave,

I think this is the replacement page:

http://www.arrl.org/iaru-hf-world-championship
 10.2.1.
The Cabrillo file format and specifications. (This link takes one to the generic "Cabrillo Specification" page at:)

https://wwrof.org/cabrillo/

Whew, glad I found that. I've been losing hours of sleep not knowing what/where the replacement page is!

--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comment sbelow

I think this is the replacement page:

http://www.arrl.org/iaru-hf-world-championship
10.2.1. The Cabrillo file <http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/> format and specifications. (This link takes one to the generic "Cabrillo Specification" page at:)

https://wwrof.org/cabrillo/

+ Thanks, but where is the definition of the IARU Cabrillo file?

Jim McPhee

My take-away was that the individual submitting the Cabrillo file for the IARU-HF contest could find all the information they need at or from that "Cabrillo Specifications" page. I checked all the links in that column and found that any that pointed to https://wwrof.org/cabrillo/xxx.txt,    where xxx represents the contest name, return the same error message as above. It would appear that WWROF is no longer providing custom Cabrillo files for each contest. The only exception were these four where the links takes one to the contest sponsor's site.

CAQP
http://www.k6atz.us/california-qso-party-cabrillo.htm

LZ DX Contest
http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/text/lzdxc.txt

Makrothen
http://ua9qcq.com/en/contestinfo.php?lang=&t_id=73&mo=7&Year=2015

UK DX RTTY
UK DX BPSK63
https://www.capetown-hotels-za.com/srarsorg/

Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM
W5ABA

[...]

+ Thanks for pursuing this, Jim. Perhaps the someday the ARRL will update its IARU contest page to include a Cabrillo definition.

Jim McPhee

That would certainly make it convenient for the contest participants!
--
Jim McPhee
Placitas, NM