Bridge between N3FJP contest logs and DXLabs?

I've looked through the wiki and didn't find anything.

Thanks.
--
Norm WA4ZXV EM73vw

Robie - AJ4F

Norm,

I have no knowledge of a bridge, however you could export an ADIF file from N3FJP and import into DXKeeper. I use this approach with N1MM+ and DXKeeper.

Robie - AJ4F

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 1:47 PM Norm <norman@...> wrote:
I've looked through the wiki and didn't find anything.

Thanks.
--
Norm WA4ZXV EM73vw

I've looked through the wiki and didn't find anything.

+ That's correct. To my knowledge, the N3FJP logger does not provide the messaging or programmatic interface required to construct a bridge.

+ You can export your logged QSOs from N3FJP to an ADIF file, and then import those QSOs into DXKeeper. This article explains how to do that with N1MM:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ImportN1MM

Joe Subich, W4TV

Why? N3FJP is a competing "commercial" product.

N3FJP (Amateur Contact Log and contest variants) will export an ADIF
compliant file that can be imported to DXKeeper after the contest.
There is no way to "share" radio control between ACL and Commander.

On 2021-02-01 2:47 PM, Norm wrote:
I've looked through the wiki and didn't find anything.
Thanks.
--
Norm WA4ZXV EM73vw

N3FJP is a competing "commercial" product.

+ I don't consider N3FJP a competing product: it's primary focus is contesting, not DXing or general operation. If it provided a means of conveying QSOs to DXKeeper in real time, I would exploit it.

Joe Subich, W4TV

Amateur Contest Log is N3FJP's DXing/general operation product.

N3FJP has an api: www.n3fjp.com/api.htm
I don't know if it has all the features you need to get "log",
and "lookup" messages. It seems to be able to use an eternal
rig control interface (e.g. Commander) and accept "QSY to"
commands from SpotCollector.

On 2021-02-01 4:53 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

N3FJP is a competing "commercial" product.
+ I don't consider N3FJP a competing product: it's primary focus is contesting, not DXing or general operation. If it provided a means of conveying QSOs to DXKeeper in real time, I would exploit it.

Amateur Contest Log is N3FJP's DXing/general operation product.

N3FJP has an api: www.n3fjp.com/api.htm I don't know if it has all the features you need to get "log", and "lookup" messages. It seems to be able to use an eternal rig control interface (e.g. Commander) and accept "QSY to" commands from SpotCollector.

+ Thanks Joe. There's no mention of any capability to send the ADIF record for a just-logged QSO to another application.

Thanks for the responses.  I have already handled the last contest with adif export.  Just looking for something for next time.

What is the procedure for getting N3FJP and DXlab together for looking at an interface.  Just asking!  Both programmers seem to be open to suggestions.

And thanks for all the hard work making this stuff easy (not simple) for the rest of us.

73
Norm WA4ZXV

--
Norm WA4ZXV EM73vw

Thanks for the responses. I have already handled the last contest with adif export. Just looking for something for next time.

What is the procedure for getting N3FJP and DXlab together for looking at an interface. Just asking! Both programmers seem to be open to suggestions.

+ I'm sure that Scott's enhancement list is as long as mine, so we'd both need to see a significant number of users of both applications who want QSOs logged in N3FJP to be automatically conveyed to DXKeeper. Note that this is not recommended for serious contesting, as the time required to move the QSO to DXKeeper, query for previous QSOs with the callsign, query the callbook, upload to Club Log, eQSL, and Club Log would not increase one's rate. Serious contesters should export an ADIF file after the contest is over, and import it into DXKeeper.

+ If the primary goal is to update SpotCollector's "need coloring" when a QSO is logged in N3FJP, then all that querying and all those lookups could be disabled, and then conducted en mass after the contest is over.