Topics

Blank QSL cards?

Dave / NR1DX

Is it possible to print a blank QSL card with DXLab ((to be filled out in ink by hand later?)

I.e. Call Sign and the standard generic (blank) fill in the boxes

Dave
NR1DX

--
Dave Manuals@ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com

Is it possible to print a blank QSL card with DXLab ((to be filled out in ink by hand later?)

I.e. Call Sign and the standard generic (blank) fill in the boxes

+ The only way I know of to do that is

1. on the Main window's QSL tab, set the "QSL Via" panel to "QSL cards"

2. add a QSO to the QSL Queue (any QSO will do)

2. on the Main window's QSL tab,

2a. check the "Print preview" box

2b. click the "Print QSL cards" button

3. with mouse cursor focus in the "Print Preview" window, depress your keyboard's ALT key while clicking your keyboard's "Print
Screen" button

4. start a graphics editing application like Microsoft Paint, and

4a. paste the contents of the Windows Clipboard (CTRL-V in Paint)

4b. select a rectangle containing the QSL card and copy it to the Windows Clipboard (CTRL-C in Paint)

4c. direct the graphics editor to create a new canvas (File|New in Paint)

4d. paste the contents of the Windows Clipboard (CTRL-V in Paint)

4e. use the graphic editor to clear the cells in the QSL card (e.g. callsign, date, time, frequency, mode, report, notes)

4f. direct the graphics editor to save the blank QSL card (File|Save in Paint)

5. whenever you need a blank QSL card, open the graphics editor, load the file created in step 4f, and print it