Topics

Best Spot Sources for use

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I am in MN

Many spot sources I had been using in SC just do not connect. They time out.

IRC does work.

On FT8 I usually use only WSJTX as I am looking for states and if WSJTX does not see them well not going to either with CQ only..

Looking for recommended sources when on HF, SSB or CW THAT ARE RELIABLE, AND FIT FOR THIS Ara.

TIA for suggestions.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

I am in MN

Many spot sources I had been using in SC just do not connect. They time out.

IRC does work.

On FT8 I usually use only WSJTX as I am looking for states and if WSJTX does not see them well not going to either with CQ only..

Looking for recommended sources when on HF, SSB or CW THAT ARE RELIABLE, AND FIT FOR THIS Ara.

+ In addition to DX Summit (via IRC) and WSJT-X, I suggest a nearby cluster, a cluster on the North American west coast, a cluster
in Japan, and a cluster in Europe.

+ I'm using N6WS, JH1RFM, and EI7MRE, all of which have been reliable. I also use K1TTT, but you should choose a cluster closer to
your station.

Al Groff

I use WB8ZRL.no-ip.org port 7300  here in Iowa
AL, K0VM

On 1/15/2020 4:21 PM, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:

I am in MN

Many spot sources I had been using in SC just do not connect. They time out.

IRC does work.

On FT8 I usually use only WSJTX as I am looking for states and if WSJTX does not see them well not going to either with CQ only..

Looking for recommended sources when on HF, SSB or CW THAT ARE RELIABLE, AND FIT FOR THIS Ara.

TIA for suggestions.

Outlook Desktop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

ghassan chammas

Hny to you all

Hi dave

I only have 4 clusters only  in green ie connected from the default clusters within sc.
What clusters do you suggest we use in this part of the world?

Regards
Ghassan
Od5ya

Sent from Samsung tablet.

Many spot sources I had been using in SC just do not connect. They time out.

IRC does work.

On FT8 I usually use only WSJTX as I am looking for states and if WSJTX does not see them well not going to either with CQ only..

Looking for recommended sources when on HF, SSB or CW THAT ARE RELIABLE, AND FIT FOR THIS Ara.

+ In addition to DX Summit (via IRC) and WSJT-X, I suggest a nearby cluster, a cluster on the North American west coast, a cluster
in Japan, and a cluster in Europe.

+ I'm using N6WS, JH1RFM, and EI7MRE, all of which have been reliable. I also use K1TTT, but you should choose a cluster closer to
your station.

I only have 4 clusters only in green ie connected from the default clusters within sc.
What clusters do you suggest we use in this part of the world?

+ Assuming that you're not pursuing US-centric awards like WAS, I suggest

1. a DX cluster near your QTH

2. a DX cluster in the UK

3. a DX cluster in Japan

4. a DX cluster in northern South America (YV or HP)

5. DX Summit

+ Candidates are here:

< http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet/index.php>