bandmodes.txt file missing

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I have installed some of the apps on a laptop so I can use spot collector
and DXKeeper and such. This is not my active log and I am using a separate
log to prevent messing up my actual log. I get a message that bandmodes.txt
is not installed so band and mode will not be displayed in spot collector. I
cannot seem to find where to get that file. The message does say where it
should be so I suppose I could dump it to a card and load it on this laptop
but would like to know why I do not have it and how to get it.

I am not trying to use the apps from 2 different machines for my actual
station activity and my log database is not shared in any way except to copy
it occasionally from a copy I have on OneDrive. My actual backup file is not
on OneDrive, it is only local in order to prevent accidental destruction.

Outlook LT Gil W0MN
Hierro Candente Batir de Repente
44.08226 N 92.51265 W EN34rb

--
W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

I have installed some of the apps on a laptop so I can use spot collector and DXKeeper and such. This is not my active log and I am
using a separate log to prevent messing up my actual log. I get a message that bandmodes.txt is not installed so band and mode will
not be displayed in spot collector. I cannot seem to find where to get that file. The message does say where it should be so I
suppose I could dump it to a card and load it on this laptop but would like to know why I do not have it and how to get it.

I am not trying to use the apps from 2 different machines for my actual station activity and my log database is not shared in any
way except to copy it occasionally from a copy I have on OneDrive. My actual backup file is not on OneDrive, it is only local in
order to prevent accidental destruction.

+ Every release of SpotCollector includes the file

BandModes 2022-01-06.txt

+ as described here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SpotDatabaseMode

+ If that file is present in your SpotCollector folder, then select it in the "Sub-band Definition" panel near the bottom of the
Configuration window's General tab.

+ If that file is not present in your SpotCollector folder, you can obtain it from SpotCollector's entries in the "Auxiliary Files"
column of this table:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/download.htm#AvailableReleases

Gilbert Baron W0MN

Yes, it was there. I accidently and not sure why or how I installed SC in the Launcher directory and goofed things up royally. Windows uninstall did the uninstall but left some registry entries that made it think it was still there and could  only be update. Of course what I wanted was to get it  in the correct file. I have not used REVO for a long time but I took the chance and it cleaned it all up , or at lest enough that I was able to reinstall to the correct directory. After that it no longer get the error message and  the file was there.

I WILL SAY THAT  YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS  WITH YOUR MAIN SYSTEM.  Especially if you have no recent image backup. The laptop is a machine for playing with while watching TV or other things and lots of other applications that I was not too worried about  doing this so I tried it. I had a FAIR FAITH IN Revo AS HAD USED TI BEFOR WITH NO PROVBLEMS ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN QUITE A WHILE.  Again IN CASE SOEIS [AYING ATTENTION I SAY DO TO  DO THIS  O YOUR STAIO SYSTEM OR AT LEAST WITHOUT A RECENT BACKUP OF  EVERYTHING.

Thanks for your reply which led to the problem.  By the way., MINNESOTA won Paul Bunyan's axe for the second year in a row. It sort of makes up for the strange year. 😊

[...]

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below:

Yes, it was there. I accidently and not sure why or how I installed SC in the Launcher directory and goofed things up royally. Windows uninstall did the uninstall but left some registry entries that made

+ Windows Uninstall does not remove Registry Entries created by the application. It only deals with Registry Entries that Windows creates and maintains.

it think it was still there and could  only be update. Of course what I wanted was to get it  in the correct file. I have not used REVO for a long time but I took the chance and it cleaned it all up , or at lest enough that I was able to reinstall to the correct directory. After that it no longer get the error message and  the file was there.

I WILL SAY THAT  YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS  WITH YOUR MAIN SYSTEM.  Especially if you have no recent image backup. The laptop is a machine for playing with while watching TV or other things and lots of other applications that I was not too worried about  doing this so I tried it. I had a FAIR FAITH IN Revo AS HAD USED TI BEFOR WITH NO PROVBLEMS ALTHOUGH IT HAS BEEN QUITE A WHILE.  Again IN CASE SOEIS [AYING ATTENTION I SAY DO TO  DO THIS  O YOUR STAIO SYSTEM OR AT LEAST WITHOUT A RECENT BACKUP OF  EVERYTHING.

+ I stopped recommending the "Revo Unintaller" after several users here reported experiencing problems with it.

         Dave

Gilbert Baron W0MN