Topics

Backup to Network Attached Drive

w2eck

I have just acquired and installed a Synolgy NAS. Not sure what the proper syntax is to use for this drive to backup DXLab files such as DXKeeper. Can anyone give me a little instruction or an example of how to address this external network drive?
Second question: I have been backing up up files to Drop Box. Can you backup DxLab files to more than one location ??

73 Paul w2eck

I have just acquired and installed a Synolgy NAS. Not sure what the proper syntax is to use for this drive to backup DXLab files such as DXKeeper. Can anyone give me a little instruction or an example of how to address this external network drive?

+ I suggest that you pose this question to Synology Technical Support.

Second question: I have been backing up up files to Drop Box. Can you backup DxLab files to more than one location ??

+ Only by changing the pathname in the "Backup Folder" panel on the Configuration window's Log tab.

+ DXKeeper's built-in log backup mechanism is provided so that every DXKeeper user has an automatic way of backing up his or her log files. It is not a replacement for dedicated Backup and Recovery applications (commercial or free-ware) that provide more sophisticated options like multiple backup destinations or custom retention policies. See steps 4 and 5 in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery>