Topics

Automating QSO End Time entry on Log Tab of DXK

Pete Smith

I have not been able to figure out how to do this - instead, I go to log a QSO and am admonished that my end time entry is invalid.  Moreover, unless I'm careful, I enter it in the wrong format, and am scolded again.  I figure there must be a quick and easy way to do this, but have pored over the Help file for the Log Window without success.

Will someone please put me out of my misery?

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.

Joe Subich, W4TV

How/where are you entering QSOs - Main (QSO) Window or Capture window?

In the Capture Window clicking the "Log" button will log the QSO and
enter the ent time automatically.

On 2021-01-25 5:07 PM, Pete Smith wrote:
I have not been able to figure out how to do this - instead, I go to log a QSO and am admonished that my end time entry is invalid.  Moreover, unless I'm careful, I enter it in the wrong format, and am scolded again.  I figure there must be a quick and easy way to do this, but have pored over the Help file for the Log Window without success.
Will someone please put me out of my misery?

I have not been able to figure out how to do this - instead, I go to log a QSO and am admonished that my end time entry is invalid. Moreover, unless I'm careful, I enter it in the wrong format, and am scolded again. I figure there must be a quick and easy way to do this, but have pored over the Help file for the Log Window without success.

Will someone please put me out of my misery?

+ What's an example of an "end time entry" that produces the admonishment?

+ What version of DXKeeper are you running?

Pete Smith

My apologies - while I use DxKeeper as storage for all my QSOs and as an intermediary for uploading to LOTW, I very seldom actually log directly to it, and I had forgotten about use of the Capture window for real-time logging.  Please ignore my question.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.