From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Scott
Sent: 13 July, 2020 01:30
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] Automatically change Mode per bandplan

Recently I've been chasing Parks on the Air, and found it's easiest to switch bands to the spotted frequency by highlighting the frequency readout in Commander and typing in the frequency. For example, if I'm on 14.225 USB and want to look for a spotted station on 7.205, it goes to the desired frequency but stays in USB instead of following the bandplan and being on LSB for 40 meters. Same with if I'm on  SSB and move to a CW spot, it doesn't automatically change to CW per bandplan.

Is there a setting for following bandplan for mode in Commander? I have not seen one, and perhaps this is not something most people would ever encounter, but it would be nice if it switched based on the bandplan.

Thanks in advance!
Scott / KN3A

w6de

Additionally, you can edit the BandModes.txt to accommodate changes for new mode, frequencies and or move assignments around; e.g., add more FT8 assignments as you discover them.  Then save the edited BandModes.txt  with a new name, I use BandModes-2020-07-12 and update the date each time I edit the file.  Keep the original file as named so you can easily recover from errors.. Then in SpotCollector | Config | General Tab | SUB-band Definition | click on Select and navigate to and select the new file you just created.

Dave, w6de