Topics

Auto upload to Lotw

Jon Reeves

 On the dxkeeper qsl lotw config page I found a button to automatically load a new QSO to Lotw.  I thought that might be handy so I tried it.  It works.  Making FT8 contacts from wsjt-x right after the last transmission, I get a pop up with log info and after clicking ok in it, dxkeeper logs the contact and then brings up TQSL and asks for a login to upload the contact.  I decided I didn't want to use it so I unchecked the box in the confrig page and not it won't quit doing it.   Is this a bug or am I missing something?

On the dxkeeper qsl lotw config page I found a button to automatically load a new QSO to Lotw.

+ That option is entitled "Upload each QSO logged via the Capture window to LoTW". It does not govern the uploading of QSOs logged via WSJT-X.

I thought that might be handy so I tried it. It works. Making FT8 contacts from wsjt-x right after the last transmission, I get a pop up with log info and after clicking ok in it, dxkeeper logs the contact and then brings up TQSL and asks for a login to upload the contact.

+ TQSL is not asking for a "login", it's asking for the password you used to "protect" your Callsign Certificate. This is unnecessary unless you are running on a computer that is publicly accessible. To remove the password protection so you don't need to specify a password each time you upload a QSO to LoTW, see

<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/removecertificatepassword/>

I decided I didn't want to use it so I unchecked the box in the confrig page and not it won't quit doing it. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

+ Do you have WSJT-X directly interoperating with DXLab, or are you using JT-Alert?

Jon Reeves

Thanks Dave.  I found the problem.  I do use JT-Alert and forgot that there is a button in it's configuration that when checked requests DxKeeper to upload it as it is logged.  That must override the button in the LoTW tab.   I unchecked that function and it now works fine.   Thanks for the responses, 73 Jon WB9CNE