Topics

ASCII 60 and 62 in Spot Source macro commands

Chuck, WS1L

I'm trying to limit one of my spot sources to -

My call, no matter where spotted OR
Skimmer spots from Zone 5 that ARE NOT of K or VE stations
IF the skimmer spots are validated.

The macro should read -
SET DX FILTER CALL=WS1L OR ((CTY <> [K,VE]) AND((SPOTTERCQZONE=5) AND SKIMVALID))

but the < and > aren't passed to the cluster since SC thinks they are enclosing macros.  May I replace them with <60><62> to get the same result?

73 de Chuck, WS1L

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 11:28 AM Chuck, WS1L <@WS1L> wrote:

I'm trying to limit one of my spot sources to -

My call, no matter where spotted OR
Skimmer spots from Zone 5 that ARE NOT of K or VE stations
IF the skimmer spots are validated.

The macro should read -
SET DX FILTER CALL=WS1L OR ((CTY <> [K,VE]) AND((SPOTTERCQZONE=5) AND SKIMVALID))

but the < and > aren't passed to the cluster since SC thinks they are enclosing macros. May I replace them with <60><62> to get the same result?
It seems like that should work. Did you try it?

73,

~iain / N6ML

Chuck, WS1L

Yes, and it didn't return any errors, but the cluster is still showing spots of W and VE stations.  I've posted elsewhere about that but I would like to rule out the macro substitution as a problem.

Entering the command directly from the talk window has the exact same behavior, so I'm pretty sure this isn't the issue, just trying to rule it out.

73 de Chuck, WS1L

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 2:34 PM iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@...> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 11:28 AM Chuck, WS1L <chandlerusm@...> wrote:

> I'm trying to limit one of my spot sources to -
>
> My call, no matter where spotted OR
> Skimmer spots from Zone 5 that ARE NOT of K or VE stations
> IF the skimmer spots are validated.
>
> The macro should read -
> SET DX FILTER CALL=WS1L OR ((CTY <> [K,VE]) AND((SPOTTERCQZONE=5) AND SKIMVALID))
>
> but the < and > aren't passed to the cluster since SC thinks they are enclosing macros.  May I replace them with <60><62> to get the same result?

It seems like that should work. Did you try it?

73,

    ~iain / N6ML

Chuck, WS1L

Just a quick update.  I found the problem in one of the other parts of the macro.  Yes, substituting <60><62> for <> does in fact work.

73 de Chuck, WS1L