Topics

ARRL email forwarding

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I am opt in to email forwarding. I have sent 2 tests today. One from gmail.com at 0700 and one from charter.net at around 1000.  It has been hours and I have not gotten the mail. As usual it is very slow but appears to be down today.

Anyone else have this problem.

Sorry for posting here but this is the biggest group and there seems no place to send it to ARRL. I did leave a phone message to ARRL but I think there is nobody there.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Mike Rhodes

...less than 1 minute turnaround just now.

On 10/22/2020 1:41 PM, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:

I am opt in to email forwarding. I have sent 2 tests today. One from gmail.com at 0700 and one from charter.net at around 1000.  It has been hours and I have not gotten the mail. As usual it is very slow but appears to be down today.

Anyone else have this problem.

Sorry for posting here but this is the biggest group and there seems no place to send it to ARRL. I did leave a phone message to ARRL but I think there is nobody there.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

Dave / NR1DX

Gilbert
I am getting near instant response from Arrl.net forward for NR1Dx@...

Be sure you sent your email to w0mn@... and not w0mn@... ( Common mistake I  too have made in the past)

Dave
NR1DX

On 10/22/2020 1:41 PM, Gilbert Baron W0MN wrote:

I am opt in to email forwarding. I have sent 2 tests today. One from gmail.com at 0700 and one from charter.net at around 1000.  It has been hours and I have not gotten the mail. As usual it is very slow but appears to be down today.

Anyone else have this problem.

Sorry for posting here but this is the biggest group and there seems no place to send it to ARRL. I did leave a phone message to ARRL but I think there is nobody there.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro candente, batir de repente

44.08226N 92.51265W EN34rb

--

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop
--
Dave Manuals@... www.ArtekManuals.com

Gilbert Baron W0MN

I did send to w0mn@.... If I had used .org it would bounce
back. I just checked and that is where it went. I had not used it for
months.
maybe over a year. Maybe that has something to do with it. I guess I will
wait for
ARRL response.

[...]

w6de

Gil, I too had problems with the ARRL forwarding several years back. I
found that some ISPs and email servers blocked the ARRL.net email due to
thinking it was a prolific SPAM source. If you have another email address
in a different domain, try it and see if you get success.

I gave up and used a gmail address trusting its spam filters to keep trash
from making it to my inbox.

Dave, w6de

[...]

It is working after contacting ARRL. I am not sure what was wrong. One thing
I found out is that gmail blocks anything that was set from gmail. This is a
rotten process in my opinion but they assume since I sent it I do not need
to see it. WRONG but that is how it works. I give up on the ARRL address .

I can say this . ARRL support was very quick. I got a call from them and
they fixed it.

[...]

d_ziolkowski

Gil

I use gmail, and i send myself emails all the time, never a problem.

Dan KC2STA

--
Dave Manuals@... www.ArtekManuals.com

W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

--
W0MN EN34rb 44.08226 N 92.51265 W

Hierro candente, batir de repente

HP Laptop

--
Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
SKCC #4290T

Gilbert Baron W0MN

You can send yourself emails. The problem is when sent from a mailing list (they know it somehow for most} it is not sent to the senders address. It works om groups.io because they hide your email address so gmail does not know it was you if you select the option to see your own post. ARRL does not do that so anything that is sent by you to your email forwarding address if you are using gmail to send it and your forwarding address is the same you will not see it. This used to be a problem with YAHOO groups  which had no option to prevent gmail from this obnoxious behavior. You had to use a different address to post than the one yahoo sent the postings to.