Apparently self spotting my call in SpotCollector?

Ed

Edited

Good afternoon,
I have not run SpotCollector for quite awhile.
I am only running DXLabs and WSJT-X software, to isolate my apparent self spotting????
I have looked everywhere for a setting that I might have missed, and ran searches to find an answer.

Every time I transmit this happens.......................................What is happening is illustrated :

WA6WGS on 14074.0 in FT8 at 11/19/2021 2244Z (K: United States)  with the source field containing a callnumber-#  .

I'm sure somewhere I have seen this mentioned, but for the life of me can't find anything.
Can someone please direct me in the right direction to stop this from happening.  Its driving me nuts.
Regards,  ED WA6WGS

Ken Bandy, KJ9B

I see this as well, Ed.  I have attributed it to an automatic RBN spot.  It’s actually kind of helpful to see what propagation is like at the time.  I notice the callsign of the spotting station changes periodically, with the signal report changing accordingly.

73,

Ken, KJ9B

I have not run SpotCollector for quite awhile.
I am only running DXLabs and WSJT-X software, to isolate my apparent self spotting????
I have looked everywhere for a setting that I might have missed, and ran searches to find an answer.

Every time I transmit this happens.......................................What is happening is illustrated :

WA6WGS on 14074.0 in FT8 at 11/19/2021 2244Z (K: United States)  with the source field containing a callnumber-#  .

I'm sure somewhere I have seen this mentioned, but for the life of me can't find anything.
Can someone please direct me in the right direction to stop this from happening.  Its driving me nuts.
Regards,  ED WA6WGS

Joe Subich, W4TV

Are you sure one of your spot sources does not include *skimmer* spots?

<CALL-#> generally indicates a skimmer node.

On 2021-11-19 6:13 PM, Ed wrote:
Good afternoon,
I have not run SpotCollector for quite awhile.
I am only running DXLabs and WSJT-X software, to isolate my apparent *self spotting????*
I have looked everywhere for a setting that I might have missed, and ran searches to find an answer.
What is happening is illustrated :
WA6WGS on 14074.0 in FT8 at 11/19/2021 2244Z (K: United States) *with the source field containing a callnumber-#  .
* I'm sure somewhere I have seen this mentioned, but for the life of me can't find anything.
Can someone please direct me in the right direction to stop this from happening.  Its driving me nuts.
Regards,  ED WA6WGS

Ed

Hi Joe,

I have no skimmer software.
Looking in SpotCollector Configuration only Dxpots.com is checked for Spot,  Likewise WSJT-x is not enabled.

Ed

Ed

Edited

This is happening of 20 Meters.  Every time.
Just switched to 15 meters and no spots from me.
Went back to 20 meters, and started up gain.
Each 20 meter one is from network    "VE1DX"

??????

Ed

Joe Subich, W4TV

Go to Spot Collector -> Config -> Special Callsigns and *CHECK* the
"Discard spots from spotting station callsigns ending in -#"

This will cause SpotCollector to ignore any spots from skimmer stations
(being relayed by DXspots.com).

Or ... go to the Window for DXSpots and type in SET/NOSKIMMER <enter>
this will tell DXSpots not to send you skimmer originated spots.

On 2021-11-19 6:28 PM, Ed wrote:
Hi Joe,
I have no skimmer software.
Looking in SpotCollector Configuration only Dxpots.com is checked for Spot,  Likewise WSJT-x is not enabled.
Ed

ve3ki

RBN spots do not come from your skimmer (if you had one); they come from someone else's skimmer (the callsign before the -# tells you whose skimmer spotted you). There may be a command you can send to the cluster node to turn RBN spots off, but regardless, these are not self-spots - you have been spotted by someone else, namely the station whose callsign appears as the source.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 06:28 PM, Ed wrote:
Hi Joe,

I have no skimmer software.
Looking in SpotCollector Configuration only Dxpots.com is checked for Spot,  Likewise WSJT-x is not enabled.

Ed

Ed

A few years back, 90% of the time i used CW.  Have not used SpotCollector  for quite awhile, playing with FT-8.
So
In my Spot Sources, I had one Host Address as: dxc.ve7cc.net  port 7373

VE7CC is causing this to happen with enabled checked.  When not enabled, problem goes away.   Will see how it goes.

ED  WA6WGS

A few years back, 90% of the time i used CW. Have not used SpotCollector for quite awhile, playing with FT-8. So In my Spot Sources, I had one Host Address as: dxc.ve7cc.net port 7373

VE7CC is causing this to happen with enabled checked. When not enabled, problem goes away. Will see how it goes.

+ There is no "self-spotting" problem. There are stations that continuously scan bands for CW and digital mode signals, decode these signals, and submit them to some nodes of the DX Cluster network; these stations are referred to as "skimmers". If one of your spot sources is connected to a skimmer, then the callsigns decoded by that skimmer -- including yours when you transmit -- will appear in your Spot Database Display.

+ As has been pointed out in this thread, you can configure SpotCollector to callsigns decoded by skimmers. For more information, see "Using the Reverse Beacon Network with DXLab" in

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/RBN/

In the message below, I meant to say

"As has been pointed out in this thread, you can configure SpotCollector to ignore callsigns decoded by skimmers"

On the "Special Callsigns" tab of SpotCollector's Configuration window, check the "Discard spots from spotting station callsigns ending in -#"

[...]

Thanks Dave

I now understand.

Regards,   Ed