Topics

Apparent Bug in Commander?

Jon Gefaell

Edited

When typing into the 'Memory notes' fields, characters that match modes (F == FM, A == AM, etc) will change the mode on the radio. 

I have replicated this on purpose, and otherwise repeatedly. 

To reproduce (100%):

Be tuned in to a frequency and in SSB mode. Select "Memory Banks" and then the "Memory Notes" screen. Click on an empty field and observe field is selected and cursor is evident in field. Type 'F' and radio changes to FM. The "F" character appears in the "Memory Notes" section. Type "A", radio switches to AM. Characters "FA" appear in "Memory Notes". Repeat with R (RTTY), C (CW) and P (PSK). Characters "FARCP" appear in "Memory Notes" section.

Jon Gefaell

Edited

Just found out that other keystrokes are also interpreted as commands. 'I' places the cursor in the VFO to manually enter frequencies. My surmise is that all keys entered in the "Memory notes" field are interpreted as commands as well as text input.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

When typing into the 'Memory notes' fields, characters that match modes (F == FM, A == AM, etc) will change the mode on the radio.

I have replicated this on purpose, and otherwise repeatedly.

To reproduce (100%):

Be tuned in to a frequency and in SSB mode. Select "Memory Banks" and then the "Memory Notes" screen. Click on an empty field and observe field is selected and cursor is evident in field. Type 'F' and radio changes to FM. The "F" character appears in the "Memory Notes" section. Type "A", radio switches to AM. Characters "FA" appear in "Memory Notes". Repeat with R (RTTY), C (CW) and P (PSK). Characters "FARCP" appear in "Memory Notes" section.

+ In DXKeeper 14.5.8, I added a set of keyboard short cuts activated by depressing the Shift key while striking the A, B, C, D, F, L, M, P, Q, R, U, or X keys. As documented in

<https://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/KeyboardShortcuts.htm>;

+ some of these initiate a mode change (and move keyboard focus to VFO A or the Main VFO), and some of them perform other actions. Unfortunately, these keyboard shortcuts are also active in the "Memory Bank" panel. I have corrected this defect in the next version of Commander, and emailed this version to you.

Dave, AA6YQ