Topics

an updated USAP Database is available...

Dave AA6YQ

...via the Databases tab of DXView's Configuration window. If you have DXKeeper or SpotCollector running, terminate them; then
direct DXView to upgrade its USAP database.

The USAP database specifies a US State and Grid Square for 823,550 stations licensed by the US Federal Communications Commission
(FCC).

Many thanks to Tom KQ5S for preparing this update!

w7psk

I tried updating this morning and keep getting an error.

error while downloading http://www.DXLabSuite.com/dxview/USAP.exe - 12002[the request has timed out.]

Not sure whats going on.  But thanks for the help

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 07:30 AM, w7psk wrote:
I tried updating this morning and keep getting an error.

error while downloading http://www.DXLabSuite.com/dxview/USAP.exe - 12002[the request has timed out.]

Not sure whats going on.  But thanks for the help

+ Please try again; if you succeed, the earlier failure was likely a transient internet connectivity problem.

+ If your second attempt fails, reboot Windows into "Safe Mode with Networking", start the Launcher, and direct the Launcher to start DXView. If DXView now succeeds at updating its USAP database, then some application started when Windows is booted normally was interfering -- likely a misconfigured anti-malware application. If DXView still can't download the updated USAP database, then your system likely has an internet access problem.

w7psk

Looks like it was an internet issue. I had tried several times.  But, this time it went.

+ AA6YQ comments below