Topics

An oddity with DXView Startup

KD7YZ Bob

DXV = 4.7.9

Whenever DxLabLauncher starts everything, DXView will not start out
minimized.

When I eventually terminate all of it, everything except Commander was
minimized.

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

Whenever DxLabLauncher starts everything, DXView will not start out minimized.

+ Has this always been the case, or is this new behavior? If the latter, when did the behavior start, and what changes did you make to your software around that time?

KD7YZ Bob

On 1/25/2021 16:08, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

Whenever DxLabLauncher starts everything, DXView will not start out minimized.

+ Has this always been the case, or is this new behavior? If the latter, when did the behavior start, and what changes did you make to your software around that time?
dunno actually. It was nagging me and eventually I'd tried minimizing it
then terminating the whole program to see if the setting was remembered.

I just tried loading a 'Workspace' I haven't loaded this year and ,
fwiw, the DxView non-minimize issue is still there.

Thanks for the reply on this.
Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

Dave AA6YQ

# More AA6YQ comments below

Whenever DxLabLauncher starts everything, DXView will not start out minimized.

+ Has this always been the case, or is this new behavior? If the latter, when did the behavior start, and what changes did you make to your software around that time?
dunno actually. It was nagging me and eventually I'd tried minimizing it then terminating the whole program to see if the setting was remembered.

I just tried loading a 'Workspace' I haven't loaded this year and , fwiw, the DxView non-minimize issue is still there.

# With DXView running, if you click the Launcher's Minimize button, does DXView minimize its windows?

KD7YZ Bob

On 1/27/2021 19:29, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
# More AA6YQ comments below

# With DXView running, if you click the Launcher's Minimize button, does DXView minimize its windows?
Yes.

furthermore, today I used "WorkSpaces" to launch 2 different WS that I
have used occasionally in the past.

In both cases DXV started Minimized

And then I loaded the K3-HF workspace and started same. DXV was not
minimized as usual.

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

KD7YZ Bob

On 1/28/2021 06:41, KD7YZ Bob wrote:

furthermore, today I used "WorkSpaces" to launch 2 different WS that I
have used occasionally in the past.

In both cases DXV started Minimized
OK, no rhyme nor reason ...I just started the FT450-6m workspace I'd
previously started. And the result was that DXView stayed
open/maximized/visible

Bob KD7YZ
AMSAT LM #901

furthermore, today I used "WorkSpaces" to launch 2 different WS that I have used occasionally in the past.

In both cases DXV started Minimized

+ So the mechanism is working correctly.

And then I loaded the K3-HF workspace and started same. DXV was not minimized as usual.

+ Evidently you populated this workspace when DXView had not been minimized when it last terminated.