Alternate feed to SpotCollector

Dick Grote

I've found that chasing POTA's to be a lot of fun.  I've created a POTA SQL filter on SpotCollector based on notes in the spots, but I've found that the spots captured in this manner is a small fraction of the spots that are posted on the POTA website (https://pota.us/#/spots).  The question I have is there a way to feed this web based spot source into SpotCollector. I know there are other situations where this could be useful such as special spotting sites for state QSO parties.

I've thought of scraping spots and creating a local cluster feed, but I have not idea whether is possible or practical.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.
--
Dick
K6PBF

've found that chasing POTA's to be a lot of fun.  I've created a POTA SQL filter on SpotCollector based on notes in the spots, but I've found that the spots captured in this manner is a small fraction of the spots that are posted on the POTA website (https://pota.us/#/spots).  The question I have is there a way to feed this web based spot source into SpotCollector. I know there are other situations where this could be useful such as special spotting sites for state QSO parties.

I've thought of scraping spots and creating a local cluster feed, but I have not idea whether is possible or practical.  Any thoughts?
+ The spots on that page are dynamically generated, so there is no HTML to scrape. The only way to get that content into SpotCollector is to convince the operators of  https://pota.us/#/spots to forward their spots to the cluster network, as the DX Summit operators did more than a decade ago.

Dick Grote

Dave, thanks for your reply and explanation.  Forwarding spots to the cluster network is in the medium turn plans of the POTA developers I understand.  I'll sit tight until then.

Dick
K6PBF